Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 The Sports Haters Thread...General Sports Trash Talk 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan Brown wrote:
What a crock of shit. These are figures extrapolated and used for someone's axe that they grind.

Hemorraging fans, my ass. Every game I've watched has been a full stadium. Bars still pack em in. People still have watching parties.

The NFL isn't going anywhere. I am truly sorry that you think soccer is a real sport, and that somewhere, sometime, somebody made fun of the way you throw a football.

Objection overruled.

:rofl9: :rofl9: Now that's some funny shit...Oh, gotta go, it's time for the Kickoff!

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
I'll refrain from the name calling which the NFL fanatics here love to engage in.

Instead, they're just once again flat wrong. 20% ratings decline and TV partners losing hundreds of millions this year spells big trouble for the NFL.

The NFL was PROJECTED back in March to bring in $14 billion in 2017, months before the season started. This was based on complex long term contracts and paid in complex payments from a host of sources. And guess what, that's exactly what has happened. Unless they were fortune tellers, here's their predictions preseason.

Here's a trusted business article that proves it. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelze ... n-in-2016/
Quote:
NFL revenue reaches $14B, fueled by media
By Daniel Kaplan, Staff Writer
The NFL will take in roughly $14 billion of revenue this season, over $900 million more than last year.

Increased media payments, a new “Thursday Night Football” package, and the opening of the new U.S. Bank Stadium in Minnesota all contributed to the increase.

And in spite of tanking ratings, those complex pre-paid contracts and such still kick in. Even thought the NFL is taking a pounding hemorrhaging fans.

Five days ago, it was reported that NFL partners are losing $500,000,000 this year. https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl- ... s-decline/
Quote:
NFL TV Partners Set To Lose Up To $500 Million On Ratings Decline
Posted on November 16, 2017 by Clay Travis

NFL, TV partners at CBS, ESPN, Fox and NBC are staring at their own internal conflicts — namely a substantial decline in NFL ratings that is on pace to cost the four networks up to $500 million in lost revenue.

Already several hundred million in lost revenue has been booked in 2017 and it has the league’s top executives and television partners scrambling to figure out what went wrong. How did a league that was setting ratings records in 2015 suddenly see its audience fall by nearly 20% just two years later.

You keep leading with the phrase that you won't use name calling, while calling people here names, like fanatic, yet no one called you a name since your last post.

Sympathy card denied.

I do have to ask, though, are you SURE you're a lawyer?

The reason I ask is, NOTHING in your 2nd quote refutes your first quote, yet you act like its a victory.

Your repeated claim is that the NFL is losing money. Over, and over, that's been your mantra.

Then you march out your second quote, as if that's proof.

It's not.

Your first quote confirms MY statement that the NFL will be up over $900 Million this year, to bring in $14 Billion.

Thanks for confirming my statement.

You then try to use the phrase "it was reported that NFL partners are losing $500,000,000 this year..."

The NFL isn't losing anything, they are up nearly a billion...it's "NFL PARTNERS THAT ARE LOSING..."

That's NOT the NFL. That's NFL PARTNERS.

If you followed football, you would know that 5 and 10 years ago, all the networks tried to outbid ESPN for broadcast rights to NFL games. Everyone had to overpay to keep ESPN from exclusivity.

Since you don't know, I will tell you, that ESPN (now owned by ABC/Disney), has layed off nearly 500 people, including a lot of on air talent, even though they spent millions building new studios, due to their overbidding, and overpayment.

All networks failed to see the impact online viewing, cord-cutting, DVR, and Fantasy Leagues would have on monitored viewership.

When ESPN overpaid, all the networks claimed they were overpricing the market, and they were right. But, they also didn't want to be left out, so they overpaid, too.

Despite all the political crap going on, the financial impact FOR THE PARTNERS (networks, sponsors, etc.) is nothing more than a market adjustment, just like you would see on Wall Street, if something is overvalued.

And with negotiations currently ongoing for new TV deals, having networks 'float information' that they are losing money, is neither new, nor necessarily accurate.

So, if next year they make $13 Billion, instead of $14 Billion, they aren't losing money; they just aren't making as much as they did this year.

Thanks for fully supporting my point, though, you're 'da greatest :thumbsup2:

Go Hawks! :cheers2:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There may be a definition of terms dispute that is leading to a miscommunication and misunderstanding. Some are saying the NFL is "losing" money and some say they are pulling in more money than previous years.

So. Maybe it is that they HAVE lost potential dollars but are still pulling in an increase in revenue as compared to last, or previous years?

What was the big hallaballoo with the Pizza sponsor? Papa John's claims they are $70 million short on revenues which they claim are due to the Anthem Protests. I would be amazed, that if that is indeed true, that the NFL hasn't lost potential - potential earnings of a similar amount.

Whether this will kill the NFL (doubtful) is another issue.

And one other thing. I'm not sure using "fanatic" is as harsh an epithet as is being portrayed by you NWG; after all "fan" is derived from that term.

Go Trump!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17