Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The stuff that rolls off a lawyer's tongue 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
" ... tax based on the privilege of living in the Seattle"
http://komonews.com/news/local/judge-to-rule-by-thanksgiving-on-seattles-controversial-income-tax-law

"Privilege"???

Maybe these same idiots can use it to pay for their sanctuary shithole and "safe" heroin injection accommodations.
This area continues to crap on itself and still force residents to pay for it.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any person or any organization that is taxed differently from everyone else is wrong. Everyone needs to be taxed the same. Period. Anything else is pandering or just plain unjust.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is just more of the assholes in Seattle's government passing whatever law they like, regardless of its constitutionality, and counting on activist judges to uphold it.

Let's hope the judge takes the right path here.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
MadPick wrote:
This is just more of the assholes in Seattle's government passing whatever law they like, regardless of its constitutionality, and counting on activist judges to uphold it.

Let's hope the judge takes the right path here.

Yes, let's hope so. If it becomes a long, drawn out legal battle, who pays for that?

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

The city pays. And pays. And pays.

Gun bans in parks, taxes on guns and ammo, you name it. They don't give a shit.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why the FUCK would anybody WANT to life in Seattle for Christ sake. To hell with that cesspool of liberal disease.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Because the people that live there LIKE the idiotic mindset of that city.
Abnormal is the new normal.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:
Why the FUCK would anybody WANT to life in Seattle for Christ sake. To hell with that cesspool of liberal disease.

I grew up in Seattle. My parents lived there until they passed. I watched their great West Seattle neighborhood turn into basically an all gay, vegan, liberal neighborhood with few real houses, and mostly condos, a bunch of "bistros selling overpriced bar food, and little to no street parking spots available, no matter the time of day.

Pretty messed up.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jonathan Brown wrote:
Barfly wrote:

I grew up in Seattle. My parents lived there until they passed. I watched their great West Seattle neighborhood turn into basically an all gay, vegan, liberal neighborhood with few real houses, and mostly condos, a bunch of "bistros selling overpriced bar food, and little to no street parking spots available, no matter the time of day.

Pretty messed up.

I grew up in Admiral District of WS. I've seen largely the same thing. Used to be a quiet neighborhood.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I moved to Belltown in 1989 (office was walking distance from my apartment).
Lots of violent crime, and some assholes stole the wheel well covers off my 1968 Chrysler Newport.
Moved to Ballard. Half hour each morning just to get to I-5.................No street parking.................
Found a house for a decent price near the old Ballard high school.........Thats when the fun started (don't ever live by a high school)

First night my wifes car was tipped over by some wannabe gang kids.
Was broken into 5 times inside of a year.
Stacked books by the bedroom walls, drive by shootings were common.
Girl was murdered half a block from our house in a drive by (Melissa Fernandez).
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/201 ... gh-school/

They bused these psychotic fucks from other areas so everyone could appreciate gang violence.

We moved the fuck out of Seattle in 1994, never going back.

Parking sucks, too much crime, and too many liberals.
I'm done.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Jonathan Brown wrote:
Barfly wrote:

Pretty messed up.

I grew up in Admiral District of WS. I've seen largely the same thing. Used to be a quiet neighborhood.

Nowadays California Ave. is like Broadway on Capitol Hill. We already have a Broadway on Capitol Hill. They didn't need to make another one.

The Junction is condo city. Most of the good old haunts are gone. Same with the Admiral Junction.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
I moved to Belltown in 1989 (office was walking distance from my apartment).
Lots of violent crime, and some assholes stole the wheel well covers off my 1968 Chrysler Newport.
Moved to Ballard. Half hour each morning just to get to I-5.................No street parking.................
Found a house for a decent price near the old Ballard high school.........Thats when the fun started (don't ever live by a high school)

First night my wifes car was tipped over by some wannabe gang kids.
Was broken into 5 times inside of a year.
Stacked books by the bedroom walls, drive by shootings were common.
Girl was murdered half a block from our house in a drive by (Melissa Fernandez).
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/201 ... gh-school/

They bused these psychotic fucks from other areas so everyone could appreciate gang violence.

We moved the fuck out of Seattle in 1994, never going back.

Parking sucks, too much crime, and too many liberals.
I'm done.

I went to Boren Jr High School. Back then they bused in all the gangstas from Garfield and Franklin because High Point couldn't supply enough of them. We had riots about once a month, and gangs from other schools came because all their homies weren't at "home" during school hours to fight with.

But goddamit, we had a helluva basketball team,

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:52 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

We went to a comedy show in pioneer square for a friend's birthday last night. I felt so "privileged" to pay $15 for parking then when I had to run back to my truck to get the wife's coat I find 2 (I'm guessing homeless) people hiding next to my truck smoking a clear glass pipe. Wasn't weed. I had the "privilege" of asking them step away so I could get into my truck (hand was on my CC the whole time). Then I got the "privilege" of sitting through the comedy show hoping they weren't pissed off and damaging my truck while I sat inside the club. Afterwards we had the "privilege" of being constantly hounded for money by vagrants as we were trying to have a nice conversation outside the club. As we were leaving we had the "privilege" of a homeless man asking for our parking receipt so he could try and sell it to someone else. Wow! All the wonderful privilege of Seattle in one short night!

Keep your fucking privilege Seattle. I've seen it. Don't want it.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:59 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Jonathan Brown wrote:

I went to Boren Jr High School. Back then they bused in all the gangstas from Garfield and Franklin because High Point couldn't supply enough of them. We had riots about once a month, and gangs from other schools came because all their homies weren't at "home" during school hours to fight with.

But goddamit, we had a helluva basketball team,

I grew up on Mercer Island.
No busing.
If they needed some talented black players to boost the teams, they would get the kids dad a job at Boeing or Seafirst and move them to the district.
Bill Russell was a guest coach at my Jr. High.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
We went to a comedy show in pioneer square for a friend's birthday last night. I felt so "privileged" to pay $15 for parking then when I had to run back to my truck to get the wife's coat I find 2 (I'm guessing homeless) people hiding next to my truck smoking a clear glass pipe. Wasn't weed. I had the "privilege" of asking them step away so I could get into my truck (hand was on my CC the whole time). Then I got the "privilege" of sitting through the comedy show hoping they weren't pissed off and damaging my truck while I sat inside the club. Afterwards we had the "privilege" of being constantly hounded for money by vagrants as we were trying to have a nice conversation outside the club. As we were leaving we had the "privilege" of a homeless man asking for our parking receipt so he could try and sell it to someone else. Wow! All the wonderful privilege of Seattle in one short night!

Keep your fucking privilege Seattle. I've seen it. Don't want it.

At least you got out of there without any shit on you. My neighbor went to concert at the Showbox, and he parked in one of the $20 lots. It wasn't very well lit, but it was fairly close by. When he and his wife got in his rig after the concert, he smelled something foul, so he stopped up the street under a light, only find that he had stepped in a pile of human feces. Good times CAN still be had in Seattle!

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next