Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Did you get email from both of our senators today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, this morning I received email from both Senators Cantwell & Murray about net neutrality, something I wrote to them about months and months ago. It seems suspect that they'd respond to the same subject on the same day, much less inside of a single hour today. Also, how could they possibly be backed up 5-6 months on responding to something? Isn't that what they have staff for? And are they sharing staff? How else do you explain them responding to my email at very nearly the same time (roughly 57 minutes apart).

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sounds like the use the same service to respond to emails....I guess they just don't care about the little guy do they?

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
....I guess they just don't care about the little guy do they?

I nominate this for understatement of the day.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:01 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Wow, I didnt know Murray could write.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:00 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

They blacklisted me from their mailing list awhile ago.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.cnet.com/news/fcc-to-elimin ... gulations/

I'm guessing they are trying to get ahead of this.

On Tuesday, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai issued his proposal for dismantling the 2015 net neutrality regulations, which ensure all traffic on the internet is treated equally, and prevent broadband and wireless providers from blocking or slowing online content. Pai has also eliminated the legal foundation that gives the FCC oversight over internet services providers.

The federal government will stop "micromanaging the internet" under the proposal, Pai said in a statement. Instead, broadband providers will be required to be "transparent" about how they manage their networks to allow consumers and businesses to buy the service they need.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Net Neutrality is anything but. They are just ginning up support from the leftist base. They stopped sending me emails years ago, WA is such a backward, ignorant lot of voters (D), they just keep re-electing these anti-gun dimwits.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Net Neutrality is anything but. They are just ginning up support from the leftist base. They stopped sending me emails years ago, WA is such a backward, ignorant lot of voters (D), they just keep re-electing these anti-gun dimwits.

The internet should be treated as an essential service, free and fair. The protections provided under Title II to the consumer are a good thing.

Allowing a pay to play model is completely unfair, stifles development, and frankly only pads the pockets of the ISP Oligarchy. I have yet to find any real tech people to be against this. I do love that they love to trumpet OH THE GOVERNMENT CANT BE TRUSTED.

But a corporation can? You can NOT use the argument of just start your own thing, when you have companies like ATT and Comcast doing illegal things, just to force new entrants on the market to fight an uphill legal battle. Google had to sue at one point, for each and every pole they needed access too. Even though they were completely in the legal right, but the ISP did not want them coming in to offer cheaper service. So they made it a "Who has deeper pockets" fight.

I hope you will understand our frustration when you have to buy the "Dangerous Content" pack from your own ISP to come to WAGuns.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
Pablo wrote:

The internet should be treated as an essential service, free and fair. The protections provided under Title II to the consumer are a good thing.

Allowing a pay to play model is completely unfair, stifles development, and frankly only pads the pockets of the ISP Oligarchy. I have yet to find any real tech people to be against this. I do love that they love to trumpet OH THE GOVERNMENT CANT BE TRUSTED.

But a corporation can? You can NOT use the argument of just start your own thing, when you have companies like ATT and Comcast doing illegal things, just to force new entrants on the market to fight an uphill legal battle. Google had to sue at one point, for each and every pole they needed access too. Even though they were completely in the legal right, but the ISP did not want them coming in to offer cheaper service. So they made it a "Who has deeper pockets" fight.

I hope you will understand our frustration when you have to buy the "Dangerous Content" pack from your own ISP to come to WAGuns.

If you want to see the lack of net neutrality in action and exactly what root describes above, you only have to go as far as Portugal: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20171 ... tant.shtml

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
root wrote:
Pablo wrote:

If you want to see the lack of net neutrality in action and exactly what root describes above, you only have to go as far as Portugal: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20171 ... tant.shtml

Obviously fake news. The company will totally do what is right based on market feedback! Because Comcast totally isnt rated the worst in several consumer related areas. People will just go to the alternative! Comcast!

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:

Obviously fake news. The company will totally do what is right based on market feedback! Because Comcast totally isnt rated the worst in several consumer related areas. People will just go to the alternative! Comcast!

Comcast sucks. It will be interesting if they stick a knife in their "killer app". The question is, will doing such things result in greater revenues?

But will Wave do the same? Not yet.

Last edited by Pablo on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
They blacklisted me from their mailing list awhile ago.

Same here after I told them both to knock off the anti gun crap. Aren't they supposed to represent ALL OF US??? Effin Ho's!!!!!!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safetyā€¯

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems like we actually could benefit from a real law, you know, from Congress, not FCC rules. Not some overreach, just plainly written.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]