Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 WAGuns builds a 10/22: The Build Starts! 

What type of 10/22 should we build
Poll ended at Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:48 am
Standard Model with beech wood stock 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Deluxe model with walnut stock and high polished blued finish 22%  22%  [ 12 ]
Stainless model with aftermarket stock (Hogue, Boyds?) 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
Tactical model with threaded barrel and aftermarket stock 56%  56%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 54

WAGuns builds a 10/22: The Build Starts! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For the WAGuns Birthday PIF in March I would like to build a 10/22 like what Sinus did with the AR-15

So vote on which kind you think we should build, then we will begin collecting parts from those who have some extra parts they don't need.

The gun will get a complete trigger/action job by me, including some upgrades (pinning the firing pin, custom bolt buffer, upgraded pins etc) I would like to get a new receiver or have an older one cerakoted.

List of Parts we have donated/available:

TINCANBANDIT:

Factory take off barrel (new) that will be given a high polish blued finish
Factory V block and bolts
Factory bolt, the firing pin will be pinned, the internal parts polished, then it will be jeweled
Factory charging handle with Ruger logo
Factory Walnut stock that will be sanded to 600 grit and given an old school hand rubbed oil finish
Factory (new take off) Aluminum barrel band
new set of Uncle Mikes Sling Swivels and Ruger logo sling
Factory 10 round magazine
Pro-Mag 25 round magazine
Volquartzen auto bolt release
Timber Creek extended magazine release
Factory (new take off) take down bolt
Custom made (by TCB) bolt buffer
Oversize trigger group pins
Set of scope mounts (if Rix are too tall)

Sinus: Bushnell 3-9x40 Scope
lunacite: barrel & trigger group, given a trigger job complete with trigger shim kit
Rix86: See-Thru Scope Mounts (might be too tall for a 40mm scope?)

Pablo, usrifle & Arisaka:
A new take off receiver

Vendor support:
Lance from Michigan Center Outdoors will be providing us a Trigger Shim kit for the build https://www.triggershims.com/index.html
Trevor at Hyperion Precision is on board to perform the engraving of the WaGuns logo http://hyperionprecision.com/
Black Hammer Arms: gloss black cerkote job
Wittschiebe Firearms: free transfer

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:48 am
Profile WWW

I'd do threaded barrel, and do multicam on the stock and then the metal bits in fde

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:57 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

If you're thinking scope for the optic I have a new Bushnell 3-9x40 I can donate.

As far as the rifle dressings I think whatever we can come up with on the cheap/free is good. However it's done I don't know many people who will complain about winning a free gun.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
If you're thinking scope for the optic I have a new Bushnell 3-9x40 I can donate.

As far as the rifle dressings I think whatever we can come up with on the cheap/free is good. However it's done I don't know many people who will complain about winning a free gun.

Awesome, thanks! we have our first donation

I have several stocks, a couple of new take off barrels, some trigger parts, some tactical parts, a partial trigger housing (missing a couple of easy to find parts) and other misc parts.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:35 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Bullpup?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=87203

Barrel $20.. :thumbsup2:

Not saying Im buying ...just throwing it out there.

Maybe get a Go Fund It account going..?

Cool factor is up there.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I voted Deluxe model, since a Classic Deep Blue/ Nice wood firearm really does it for me...

But I expect to be outvoted by the tacticool crowd around here :peep:

Last edited by Bxc53 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a barrel and trigger group to donate

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

we are on our way!

we need a receiver (we may have to buy one), a bolt, charging handle and possibly a tacticool stock (depending on which way we go).

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have some extra see through scope mounts.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:bump2:

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:cheers2:

looks like it is going to be a tactical rifle, if anyone has any spare parts to donate please chime in.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have reached out to some vendors and so far have two on board to help us with the build!

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very impressive, Casey!

I know some folks have 10/22 parts kicking around, but probably not as many as those who have AR parts. If there’s something in particular that you need that might not be 10/22-specific, let us know.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd love to help out on this one Casey but the sad and embarrassing truth is that I have never owned a firearm in .22 my entire life.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
I'd love to help out on this one Casey but the sad and embarrassing truth is that I have never owned a firearm in .22 my entire life.

maybe you can with this one :thumbsup2:

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next