Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:57 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 "Sh*thole Countries" 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:
So, you all are totally okay with a President who wants the immigration laws changed so as to specifically exclude or limit the number of people allowed to immigrate from certain countries? That's cool, you be you. Even if "you" are a keyboard warrior who has never travelled to any of the countries the President is so quick to dismiss.

History time! Over the last 200-odd years, immigrants from Germany, Ireland, China, and probably a half-dozen other countries have also been the target of immigration discrimination, reaching at least as far back as Thomas Jefferson. Is the Republic somehow still standing? Yup.

Oh, and about that travelling thing. I spent two years in Yaounde, Cameroon in the late 1990's, and I've been blessed to be able to travel to Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, and Haiti. Last I checked, those aren't countries that the current placeholder behind the Resolute Desk has ever visited. Add that lack of life experience to a lack of understanding of the reasons that people from these "sh*thole" countries
wish to immigrate, and you end up with a spray-tanned makeup-wearing "man" asking "Why can't we have more immigrants from places like Norway?".

The response from every single Norwegian as to that last question, "Den rævhøl?".

Knee jerk much?

But yes, in 2018 a controlled immigration policy is a good thing. It's called progress, progressive to adapt and move forward. Nothing to do directly with Haiti, but we need a strong policy and yes physical barriers. Don't jump the line, don't kill people:

Oh and yes, Haiti IS a shithole. It really is, steaming corrupt evil shithole.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Last edited by Pablo on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

glockgirl wrote:
So, you all are totally okay with a President who wants . . . .

It's not about the policy.

It's about his alleged use of the term "shithole," and whether that's a big problem in itself, and whether the people who ran out of the meeting and straight to the press are shitbags.

I'm voting "yes" on the shitbags question. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:
So, you all are totally okay with a President who wants the immigration laws changed so as to specifically exclude or limit the number of people allowed to immigrate from certain countries? ".

If Trump upsets you because he wants to limit immigration from countries that tend to produce terrorists and shitheads, then you would be interested to see how Japan handles its immigration policy...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:
So, you all are totally okay with a President who wants the immigration laws changed so as to specifically exclude or limit the number of people allowed to immigrate from certain countries? That's cool, you be you. Even if "you" are a keyboard warrior who has never travelled to any of the countries the President is so quick to dismiss.

History time! Over the last 200-odd years, immigrants from Germany, Ireland, China, and probably a half-dozen other countries have also been the target of immigration discrimination, reaching at least as far back as Thomas Jefferson. Is the Republic somehow still standing? Yup.

Oh, and about that travelling thing. I spent two years in Yaounde, Cameroon in the late 1990's, and I've been blessed to be able to travel to Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, and Haiti. Last I checked, those aren't countries that the current placeholder behind the Resolute Desk has ever visited. Add that lack of life experience to a lack of understanding of the reasons that people from these "sh*thole" countries
wish to immigrate, and you end up with a spray-tanned makeup-wearing "man" asking "Why can't we have more immigrants from places like Norway?".

The response from every single Norwegian as to that last question, "Den rævhøl?".

Personal anecdotes pale against mountains of data and facts. Here are the facts about these "shitholes."
Many of them are democracies that enshrine discrimination against women, gays, lesbians and apostates in law.
Now why would we want to import those voters here? True, some are dictatorships, but most are democracies.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... blasphemy/

Any country that executes/imprisons apostates or gays for merely existing is a "shithole." Hopefully we can all agree on that.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:

I'm totally OK with it. How many acts of terrorism have occurred in Japan? hmmmm Japan doesn't recognize or allow a certain middle east religion. (I said it this was because I don't want another vacation for racist remarks even though its a religion). :wink05:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic wrote:
glockgirl wrote:

I'm totally OK with it. How many acts of terrorism have occurred in Japan? hmmmm Japan doesn't recognize or allow a certain middle east religion. (I said it this was because I don't want another vacation for racist remarks even though its a religion). :wink05:

Newsweek:
"A joint project by the Investigative Fund at the Nation Institute, a nonprofit media center, and Reveal from the Center for Investigative Reporting has found that within the past nine years, right-wing extremists plotted or carried out nearly twice as many terrorist attacks as Islamist extremists." Here is a link to the article:
http://www.newsweek.com/right-wing-extr ... non-628381

Divided we fall.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I'm certain your Africa sightseeing trip makes you eminently qualified and a shoe-in for the Democratic nomination in 2020.

The stint in Yaounde wasn't a "sightseeing trip", unless your notion of a "sightseeing trip" includes spending two years working to train lay midwives so as to reduce maternal intrapartum/postpartum morbidity and mortality.

All I am saying is, it's rather remarkable how very easily the draft-dodging, makeup-wearing placeholder behind the Resolute Desk dismissed entire countries (and in the case of African countries, entire continents) as not worthy of his attentions. Apparently he's never heard of the African Union, or of how the U.S. military works with African Union troops to curb terrorist activities and recruitment in North African countries.

Also? It's "shoo-in", not "shoe-in". Just saying.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Classic wrote:
glockgirl wrote:

Newsweek:
"A joint project by the Investigative Fund at the Nation Institute, a nonprofit media center, and Reveal from the Center for Investigative Reporting has found that within the past nine years, right-wing extremists plotted or carried out nearly twice as many terrorist attacks as Islamist extremists." Here is a link to the article:

I always love those selected statistics that leave out Sept 11 and don't count work place violence. Nice try though.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
I always love those selected statistics that leave out Sept 11 and don't count work place violence. Nice try though.

Right?

It's like 'From Sept. 12, 2001, to current......' STFU... and San Bernadino wasn't a 'terror attack', it was workplace violence, because it started at their office... LOL.... Soooo fucking disingenuous..

and, they don't count world events either.. Like, hello.. It's not just the U.S. that's experiencing these events... We should totally ignore women being used as sex slaves, clits getting removed, and gays thrown from buildings, because, you know, that doesn't have anything to do with anything... hah

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:

All I am saying is, it's rather remarkable how very easily the draft-dodging, makeup-wearing placeholder behind the Resolute Desk...

WTF? Because we know you said the same stuff about the 8 year smoking faker.

Placeholder. You still haven't gotten over Hillary's loss. Classic.

Maybe if you show up without calling people names, as someone here used to point out, you could be taken seriously.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
Classic wrote:
glockgirl wrote:

Newsweek:

My point was that it is not only people of Muslim faith that carry out acts of terrorism.

Divided we fall.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:

The stint in Yaounde wasn't a "sightseeing trip", unless your notion of a "sightseeing trip" includes spending two years working to train lay midwives so as to reduce maternal intrapartum/postpartum morbidity and mortality.

Sounds like a shithole.

:bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
My point was that it is not only people of Muslim faith that carry out acts of terrorism.

Understood. But IF Trump said that as claimed by a known liar and weasel - Haiti isn't an Islamic nation, for example. And most if not all the claimed nut job terrorism from the so called right has nothing to do with immigration, existed for years and is not perpetrated by new arrivals. Problem?? Yes, but not near the extend SPLC and its ilk claim.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:

And it's not only baskin and robbins that sells ice cream. So? Your point sucks.

The real point is that most of the terrorists we have seen that come from other countries, come from the countries that have been described as shitholes. Whether we have our own terrorists or not, makes no difference at all. The task is to cut down the importation of even more terrorists.

If our problem is people who wear pink clothes. We have decided to cut down on the number of people who wear pink clothes, migrating to our country... We know that the majority of people from "X" countries wear pink clothes... Does it make more sense to ban people from those countries? Or do we not ban anyone at all, because a few people in other countries, or even our own country, wear pink clothes?

It's just logic. You guys keep trying to shoot down logic with nit picking, obfuscation, emotional tirades, name-calling, and petty arguing.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:

It's just logic. You guys keep trying to shoot down logic with nit picking, obfuscation, emotional tirades, name-calling, and petty arguing.

Which is pretty much what you just did :ROFLMAO:

Divided we fall.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next