Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Alert! Incoming MISSILE to Hawaii (false alarm) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
There is no evidence that N Korea has the technology to deliver a nuke via ICBM nor hit a specific target.
They probably soon will though.

Debatable but irrelevant and misses the point.

A cargo ship could deliver a payload quietly to the shore.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:42 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sure, but they don't have cargo ship alerts now do they?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:45 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Little fat man keeps dicking around something gonna get hit...even if its accidentally.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weather forecast in Hawaii, January 13, 2018: 4000 degrees, partly cloudy. Some fallout expected for a few weeks. Poor air quality expected.

In all seriousness, thank GOD this was false and a mistake. Makes you wake up to the reality of it. Also makes me wonder if this was an "accident." :blackcloud1: 37 minutes seems like a really long time for someone there to realize the error and address it.

The reality is if this were true more people would die today (or in the coming 72 hours) than all of WWII casualties combined. icon_eek

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I could stop worrying about my pshyco ex tracking me down. She lives on Oahu.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some clown "pushed the wrong button"

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I got one of those, I'd just go boink the wife.

I mean............ Seriously? Just what is one to do in that situation? No place to go, and no real place to hide.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

danoh wrote:
If I got one of those, I'd just go boink the wife.

I mean............ Seriously? Just what is one to do in that situation? No place to go, and no real place to hide.

Exactly what I was telling a customer today.

Walk outside with a cold beer and watch the 'new' sun rise....for a minute.

When it comes to nukes a Foxhole ain't gonna help.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It took how long to send the false alarm message ?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:42 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
It took how long to send the false alarm message ?

38 minutes?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nuclear war is potentially survivable, depending on one's proximity to the blast zone. The U.S. is immense and not everyone will be vaporized immediately. If you can shelter in place for a few weeks in a somewhat shielded or distant place, the level of radiation will diminish beyond the immediately lethal levels and allow those that are closer to the blast zones to evacuate to safer areas.

Now, what quality of life would one "enjoy" after global thermo-nuclear war? Dunno. Would one probably have a heightened risk of cancers? most probably. Remember, the U.S. has already dropped around a thousand bombs ON ITS OWN SOIL since nukes were invented.

L'il Kim currently has a pretty limited inventory.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

38 minutes? THAT is CRIMINAL negligence.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
. Remember, the U.S. has already dropped around a thousand bombs ON ITS OWN SOIL since nukes were invented.

1035 or so. But almost all were underground.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
. Remember, the U.S. has already dropped around a thousand bombs ON ITS OWN SOIL since nukes were invented.

1035 or so. But almost all were underground.

200 or so were above ground. I don't think Uhn has even that many.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kim Jong Un's nuclear inventory can only cause limited damage to the US and that only if and when it's delivered.

The problem occurs when we respond and how the Chinese and Russian's react. Last time we cleaned North Korea's clock, China went nuts and sent hundreds of thousands of PVA troops over the Yalu River in a series of offensives and NATO counter-offensives that ultimately resulted in the current DMZ along the 38th parallel. In addition, the Soviets provided covert support in the form of fighter aircraft and trained pilots.

So a conventional response from the US will be met with Chinese and likely Russian ground forces. And any nuclear escalation or strike on North Korea could readily escalate into a global thermonuclear exchange with the Chinese and the Russians. Think of every military installation and major population center in the United States taking at least one hydrogen bomb with military installations like Bangor, Everett, Whidbey, Bremerton, McChord field, Ft Lewis, and Spokane/Fairchild AFB taking several for good measure.

Most of these devices will be delivered in airburst mode for maximum thermal and blast effect on soft targets. Russian nukes typically weigh in from 550 kilotons - 5 megatons. The smallest is something like 1000 times more powerful than that dropped at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Along with the complete destruction of our national infrastructure there is the very real possibility of nuclear winter in the several seasons following the exchange. In other words, the survivors will be completely fucked in every way imaginable.

Since I live near a major city my approach would be to spend some quiet time with my wife and grandson to tell them I love them and spend time praying. Then be glad I don't have to stick around for Mad Max in real life.

Here's a pretty good rendition of what would happen to every major city in the United States, Russia, China, and most other countries world wide:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next