Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 THIS is Why I Always, Always, Have a Gun on my Person 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Always make sure the deadbolt is on the front door when we are home.
Anyone knocks on the door, always cover them from above when they answer.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Get this:
https://armorconcepts.com/collections/d ... kEQAvD_BwE
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Door-Armor-Max ... te/3744197
Inexpensive, easy to install, and simple.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"But whyyy do you have to have a gun when you're at home?!?"

Because 100% of home invasions occur in the home, obviously.

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

'Police told some residents to leave their home, so they could clear them'...

Uhh.. what?

No. I clear my own home. come back with a warrant.

They'll probably kick down my door and arrest me for obstruction anyway....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have two Pitbulls that are ALWAYS loaded. Im their backup.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:

Same. But mine are German shepherds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have this kit installed on my front door. I feel better about having it. Getting my wife to lock the door 100% of the time can be a challenge.

Second line of defense is our Caucasian Ovcharka, who makes a ton of noise even when I come home. She'll be barking at me full force as I step through the door. (I should post a video) Any stranger would have to be stupid to continue entering. For sure there would be a shit stain on the threshold.

After that, there's armed discouragement.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Breck wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

Same. But mine are German shepherds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like GSD's. An all Black one would be on my short list of for a new Doggy.

Good looking Pups Breck. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Personal safety is the #1 priority. I don't understand why folks don't seem to understand that. A door lock is probably free (already on the door) and takes 1 second. And can literally save your life. In fact, it's more than just saving your life (or the lives of loved ones), because the TYPE of torture or violence or death imposed upon you as a home-invasion victim would be at minimal psychologically very harmful; and worse, it's not uncommon to be beaten, raped or gang raped, or murdered very brutally (beat to death, stabbed to death, driven somewhere and held hostage, burned alive, etc.).

One of the absolute worst examples was in CT. If you aren't aware of this you should be. In short, two convicts followed a pretty mom and one or both daughters home to their upscale house. They waited for an opportunity and snuck in at night through an unlocked window. They found the dad asleep on the couch and beat him to death (they thought he was dead). Then they raped the 3 females. They took mom to get $15000 from the bank. They returned. The father had survived and crawled to a neighbors for help. Meanwhile, after raping some/all of the 3 females, while they were presumably still alive, the 2 cons set the house afire and burned them alive. The two stole the family car in their escape, but were quickly caught, prosecuted and convicted for murder, rapes, arson, kidnapping, etc. and are serving life in prison (death penalties commuted to life w/out parole).

All because of an unlocked door or window (and no other security like a dog) - and probably compounded by nobody having a self defense weapon readily available.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/05/che ... on_murders

Locked doors are obviously a no-brainer. If you're not smart enough to lock your dam* door, well then I guess you failed at life. Who is so naive to think they don't have to lock their doors? I've had to drive this point home to a few people, who probably never even considered how critical it is.

A door lock is easy to defeat, of course, but it's a start of layered security. It keeps honest people out, and criminals have to force his/her way in. That does a few things:

* Noise - alerting homeowner or witnesses or dogs
* Trail of evidence of forced entry, supporting any self defense claim. Just watched a vid yesterday of a man with a machete attempting a forced entry. Even a flimsy door required about 3 good kicks before the attacker gained entry. That required a lot of noise and energy, and the home-owner was shouting (you could hear on film) that he had a gun and would use it. Sure enough, after mr. machete kicked his way in he was dropped by the homeowner.
* Forensics (glass particles, blood from injury, shoe prints, etc.)
* Injury to burglar possible

I have layers of security, and have a gun at arms reach in every room or on my person at all times, cameras, dogs, multiple locks, windows and doors braced, etc.

It's sad that as a so called peaceful society we have succumbed to having to lock our doors in cities.
Out in the sticks we don't really fear of a break in because one of three neighbors will likely have stopped whomever was on our road unannounced.

But we must stay vigilant everywhere we go, even flying. NJ had my gun in their anti-gun apocalypse and didn't even know it!!! BASTURDS.... :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
About the only place I don’t carry are the shower and bed. I’m the shower the gun is under the towel on the counter, and when I’m in bed it’s on the nightstand.

If your a bad guy who enters my house, please do so before 2200 local. I really don’t want the cops showing up and having to answer the door in my birthday suit with your corpse on the floor. It’ll be a little awkward...

The door you kicked in.... it wasn’t there to protect me from you. It was there to protect you from me.

:thumbsup2: If this forum had rep, I'd give it. You'd be very welcome in our local training group with that mindset.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My alarm is a Great Dane. When it goes off, I investigate with gun packed.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
About the only place I don’t carry are the shower and bed. I’m the shower the gun is under the towel on the counter, and when I’m in bed it’s on the nightstand.

If your a bad guy who enters my house, please do so before 2200 local. I really don’t want the cops showing up and having to answer the door in my birthday suit with your corpse on the floor. It’ll be a little awkward...

The door you kicked in.... it wasn’t there to protect me from you. It was there to protect you from me.

:thumbsup2: If this forum had rep, I'd give it. You'd be very welcome in our local training group with that mindset.

If I was in nw wa I’d probably be in it. I have like minded friends.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the midst of all the chest thumping, I'd just like to say that I feel terrible this woman endured such a horrific end. It's difficult to imagine a worse nightmare than being raped, stabbed and burned. I hope she wasn't alive -- or at least wasn't conscious -- for all of it.

We all have something we could be better at. We have all, at one time or another, been caught out by outdated assumptions or old habits or plain complacency. We've all had bouts of laziness. We've all learned some lessons the hard way.

May God be with you, Ms. Ayers, and may He grant your family a measure of peace.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How many people here have alarm systems they only set when leaving the house or at night when in bed.

Mine has a simple Smartphone I can use to turn on or off my alarm. It gets turned whenever I'm working outside and out of sight of the front door, when I walk to get the mail, go bullshit with a neighbor, or just sit and watch a move (which I might nap through). Still carry a firearm on my person rather than just assuming I'll be able to get to it in time if left in a drawer or on a table/counter. Not paranoid, just prepared.

Now if we had Courts that would treat our criminals the way they should be treated we could lower our level of caution quite a bit. It all turned to shit when we as a country adopted the concept that those who chronically break laws can be rehabilitated. Maybe after first offense but after that many need to just disappear from society.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next