Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Low testosterone 

I went to my doc to get my test levels checked first was 315 and my doc said I was good, I ended up checking for myself and everywhere on the internet said I should be in around 600. I made another apt to talk about my findings and he gave me the name of the institution that he gets his info from and this place never showed up in my searches and is the only place online that says my levels are ok for my age, everywhere else says I have as much as an 85 year old. So he sends me in for another test and I hit 276. Again he says I'm ok, so I made an appointment for an endocrinologist, had the apt the other day and he said I'm ok but on the lower end and told me to get another blood draw and do 3 spit tests at night and set up an apt for a month from now. He was an older guy so I'm slightly worried her going to help me in older ways

Basically have any of you been at "ok" levels but were given testosterone? Who is the doc and how has it changed your life?

I'm 35 and just feel like not doing anything anymore

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I think there are several different ways to check your testosterone. I went through it some years ago. The first one, kinda like a routine total cholesterol check, comes back with one number. Then there is a different test that "breaks down" the results into something more meaningful. My initial test was about like yours. But the more specific test (name escapes me) was fine. So no supplements. Most of the docs I know are routinely against supplements unless you REALLY need them. They do cause problems long term.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:50 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
told me to get another blood draw and do 3 spit tests at night and set up an apt for a month from now.

That's the problem. You are spitting when you should be swallowing. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used to work with Dr. Fox at an Urgent care clinic, now he runs a TRT clinic that several of my coworkers use with good results.
I would suggest talking to him about your concerns.
http://www.foxandleng.com/about-us.html

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tighty whiteys will do that

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you don't feel right MRC, keep asking questions and looking for answers. You are too young to have no drive. icon_eek I am almost 54 and i feel what you describe, time for some exercise and some Goals my friend.

Go to GNC or the like for some supplements and get moving. You will feel better. :thumbsup2:
....said the old lazy chubby guy. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm kinda glad you brought this subject up. After listening to several commercials about low T, and the symptoms it sounded like what I'm experiencing. He said that is a bunch of "hooee", so I'm now wondering if he knows what he's talking about. I'm 56, but there must be some natural degradation going on with the human body at this age, and there might be some medical chemistry out there to counter act this.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Steve(WA) wrote:
I think there are several different ways to check your testosterone. I went through it some years ago. The first one, kinda like a routine total cholesterol check, comes back with one number. Then there is a different test that "breaks down" the results into something more meaningful. My initial test was about like yours. But the more specific test (name escapes me) was fine. So no supplements. Most of the docs I know are routinely against supplements unless you REALLY need them. They do cause problems long term.

I went through the same thing a year ago. The standard test showed low and I opted to be referred to an endocrinologist. His more in- depth test showed normal levels.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Manopause

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just know it's more than just pumping your T up.

Seeing how it's Jan 21, I would start with a (lowish) dose of LIQUID (drops) of Vitamin D for a week or two.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:30 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I’m at 354. A jump from 270 6 months ago. All I have done is started a diet and workout 3 months ago. I’ve lost 30lbs and feel fantastic.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Keep in mind that the big pharma companies are going to be pushing the meds real hard and trying to convince everyone out there that they have "low T". Hence the non stop commercials promoting their products. With that in mind, know that if you look long enough and hard enough, you will find the answer you want to hear but it may not be the correct answer. I could see how a Google search would provide a plethora of websites (backed by pharma dollars of course) that will tell you all about your "low T" and how to remedy the alleged problem.

I think it's natural to a certain extent to see some of our energy levels subside as we age. The key is to find out what motivates you and to find ways of staying busy and active with those things. I would use pharma solutions as a last resort. They want your money. They would sell testosterone to your daughter if they could.

Just be careful and exercise good judgment in your quest for answers.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stop eating or drinking anything the contains Soy. No Soy products. Soy has been proven to reduce testosterone levels. I read labels when I shop. If it contains soy, then I don't buy it.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Core exercises help stimulate T production: squats, deadlifts; any deep core movements. You don't have to lift 500lbs, just challenge yourself and move.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cityslicker wrote:
Stop eating or drinking anything the contains Soy. No Soy products. Soy has been proven to reduce testosterone levels. I read labels when I shop. If it contains soy, then I don't buy it.

Wow. Overblown much? A little soy in your diet, even moderate amounts have NOT "been proven to reduce testosterone levels". Yes I get it, and actually agree - tons of soy are not good for anyone. Even my post menopausal wife doesn't eat tofu blocks washed down with soy milk (yeah don't drink this), because it messes with her balance. But eating some edamame or a little tofu or soy oil is not going to cause you to grow tits and talk with a lisp. My T levels are just fine and live with soy products almost every day in a largely Japanese themed diet.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next