Switch to full style
General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

You Like Those Sound Transit Fees on Your Car Tabs?

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:48 am

Just wait....YOU just wait! Now some folks who think you still have some money to spend want to bring high speed rail, like what they just started spending BILLIONS on in Kafilornia, to the PNW.

(food? Bah! Let them eat cake).

http://komonews.com/news/local/advocate ... -northwest

Re: You Like Those Sound Transit Fees on Your Car Tabs?

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:52 am

I'm still pissed Pierce voted No, but got stuck with it anyway because of King and Snohomish.

Maybe the state needs to audit how many King and Snoho residents have cars licensed on the East side.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:57 am

DSynger wrote:I'm still pissed Pierce voted No, but got stuck with it anyway because of King and Snohomish.

Maybe the state needs to audit how many King and Snoho residents have cars licensed on the East side.

Not in unincorporated Pierce County. :cheers2:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:28 am

Well to be truthful I'd never have bought a house in those areas, too many people & too many goofy gun hating neighbors...

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:41 am

DSynger wrote:I'm still pissed Pierce voted No, but got stuck with it anyway because of King and Snohomish.

What good would that do? There are no rules/laws against it. Its only illegal to register vehicles out of state to avoid taxes.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:33 am

Fortunately my truck is exempt (>6,000 #), and my 1993 Harley is so old I think the RTA tax is $5-10 or so.
I never take the bus so don't think I should have to pay anything.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm

sportsdad60 wrote:

Even Unincorp Pierce is getting fucked by this. It all depends on how far from some imaginary line you live. I am Out near the Fredrickson Boeing plant and getting hammered with all the RTA bullshit. For something I will never use and will not even be complete before I retire.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 pm

lamrith wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Even Unincorp Pierce is getting fucked by this. It all depends on how far from some imaginary line you live. I am Out near the Fredrickson Boeing plant and getting hammered with all the RTA bullshit. For something I will never use and will not even be complete before I retire.

I feel you. I live in unincorporated King County and my tabs for my Truck were like 450 bucks. With about 350 of that RTA Tax. :frust:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

lamrith wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Luckily I live outside that imaginary line and don't have to pay either the bullshit fees on my vehicle tabs or the Sales Tax for other transit districts. I fully intend to live out my life living outside those areas, even if I have to move.

Who knows, I may become a nomad and pick some state that still charges $30 or so for car tabs as my "State of Record". From there my physical address will be wherever I park my travel trailer. I can stay on BLM land for 14 days free of charge as long as I move at the end of that time. Summer in Montana, N Idaho, Winter in Arizona or somewhere else south of the frost line.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:16 pm

deadshot2 wrote:
lamrith wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Luckily I live outside that imaginary line and don't have to pay either the bullshit fees on my vehicle tabs or the Sales Tax for other transit districts. I fully intend to live out my life living outside those areas, even if I have to move.

Who knows, I may become a nomad and pick some state that still charges $30 or so for car tabs as my "State of Record". From there my physical address will be wherever I park my travel trailer. I can stay on BLM land for 14 days free of charge as long as I move at the end of that time. Summer in Montana, N Idaho, Winter in Arizona or somewhere else south of the frost line.

We have about the same plan, buy land in Idaho, build a shop/house with an few RV pads for friends & family. Winter in a rental in northern Arizona... Plenty of fish where I decide to fish, er move... :hook1:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:25 am

lamrith wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

I'm lucky in that my vehicles are over ten years old so I haven't been hit too hard by it yet. Not looking forward to when I need to upgrade vehicle to something newer.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:51 am

Mike in Wa wrote:
lamrith wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

I'm lucky in that my vehicles are over ten years old so I haven't been hit too hard by it yet. Not looking forward to when I need to upgrade vehicle to something newer.

Most of mine are too, just have one newer and man did I notice the hit.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Fuck that stupid ferry shit I have to pay for now for the "online convenience fee".

I literally will never use one of those stupid boats.
Post a reply