Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:44 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next
 shooter in custody- FL - High school - Broward Couty 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Several students said that as soon as they heard there was a shooting, they had a good idea who did it.
Sounds like the entire student body knew about him.

Reminds me of a robbery-murder at a video store in the south end years ago.
Guy was caught because he was the only guy in the whole town that people thought would do something like that.
Found him 10 minutes later a block down the street with the gun and cash.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:57 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
I know many people will jeer or sneer at me as being an arm chair quarterback, but here goes.

Why is it, when most people are presented with danger, they chose flight (or cower) than fight? Why don't these people jump the shooter, use a chair, a stool, an umbrella, hell anything as a weapon?

Who is teaching this mantra? Is it the left who thinks we should be disarmed and wait for the police to come deal with threats? The same people who call us "pussies" for carrying a gun?

We have raised far too many sheep and not enough sheepdogs.

I for one will not die on my knees or hiding under a table, I'll go out fighting, what say you?

Exactly! :patriot:

When any of my children said "I am afraid of..." it was time for one of papa's lectures.
Fear is an animal response... Concern and careful thought are an appropriate reaction to danger.

"You scared me!" I better not have scared you... I startled you. Big difference, grasshopper.

Terror? I feel shame for us humans when I hear of an attack on civilians, and grown adults of both genders openly admit to being terrified.

It is an un-learned response; uneducated.
Fear and terror... power and authority... So much wrong thinking in the world.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:00 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Well this isnt good....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/late ... s-53144335

Quote:
The FBI says it failed to investigate a specific report in January that Nikolas Cruz could be plotting a school shooting.

The agency said in a statement Friday that the tip should've been investigated thoroughly because it was a potential threat to life. Cruz has been arrested and charged with killing 17 people at a high school earlier this week.

On Jan. 5, a tipster who was close to Cruz called the FBI and provided information about Cruz's guns, desire to kill people, erratic behavior and disturbing social media posts. The FBI says the caller expressed concerns Cruz could attack a school.

FBI Director Christopher Wray says the agency deeply regrets the additional pain this causes all those affected by this horrific tragedy.

The FBI also had been notified about a comment on a YouTube video posted by a "Nikolas Cruz" last year. It investigated that comment but did not determine who made it.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:02 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

WaJim wrote:
Well this isnt good....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/late ... s-53144335

Quote:
The FBI says it failed to investigate a specific report in January that Nikolas Cruz could be plotting a school shooting.

The agency said in a statement Friday that the tip should've been investigated thoroughly because it was a potential threat to life. Cruz has been arrested and charged with killing 17 people at a high school earlier this week.

On Jan. 5, a tipster who was close to Cruz called the FBI and provided information about Cruz's guns, desire to kill people, erratic behavior and disturbing social media posts. The FBI says the caller expressed concerns Cruz could attack a school.

FBI Director Christopher Wray says the agency deeply regrets the additional pain this causes all those affected by this horrific tragedy.

The FBI also had been notified about a comment on a YouTube video posted by a "Nikolas Cruz" last year. It investigated that comment but did not determine who made it.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:05 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

WaJim wrote:
Pablo wrote:
cyclonegt wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Member of a White Supremacy group called Republic of Florida.

The radio just said that he apparently 'trained' with them...

What ever that means.

The media has been pushing that narrative pretty hard. Unfortunately for them the guy who said that isn't a reliable source and he has since back tracked on that statement.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2 ... 341751002/
Of course it will take a few days for the MSM to retract their original stories that they ran with before actually verifying anything.

Oh they will never retract a thing.

They never retract......

If they do a correction, it will be in a small blurb on page 3.
I would not expect a correction on TV or radio.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

BadKarma wrote:
Age was not an issue. Mental illness was 100% responsible and 100% preventable.

I avoid saying anything like this is preventable.
People are dangerous... No two ways about that.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:02 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Guns4Liberty wrote:
So, let's say we raise the age requirement to 21 years old for long guns. Then, a 21-year old shoots up a school. What's the next genius plan to prevent that from happening again? Raise it to 25? Ban long guns?

I get it that we want to find ways to prevent this. But everything that's being proposed is an incremental infringement upon the law-abiding, not to mention that it won't stop evil people from doing evil things. So let's stop living in la-la-land and come to grips with the fact that shit happens, but that's no reason to take away Liberty.

thumbsup

:patriot:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:03 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PMB wrote:
BadKarma wrote:

He was being treated for a mental illness. That should have been an automatic reporting to the ATF/FBI and he should have failed his background check. Mental Illness is the #1 cause of violent crimes.

TechnoWeenie wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
Just like concussion release, medical release, when you are cleared by a medical professional.

OK, but who makes that initial determination? How does that information get transmitted, and who determines when/why? What precipitates the inquiry?

I had a concussion due to my accident.... I had stuttering, memory loss, decreased cognitive functions (couldn't place objects and names together), sensory sensitivity, etc. should I have been disarmed? 99% of the time I was fine, other than acting like a man with an early case of Alzheimer's... and I felt I was of sound enough mind to carry (trust me, I thought hard about it)...

If so, then how does that happen?

What would have happened if I had armed agents of the gov't knocking on my door demanding they be let in to take my weapons? What if it was a tactical entry team @ 3am because 'they knew I was prohibited and knew I was armed'?

I'm not trying to be combative, just trying to show how things aren't always as simple as they seem. Kinda like the guy registering as a sex offender for life and not being able to be alone with his kids because he took a piss on the side of a highway and got hit with a 'lewd conduct' charge... If there's a way for it to be abused, misused, or misapplied, it will be.

If you are being treated for mental illness, it should be automatic reporting. When you are cleared by a medical professional that you are no longer mentally ill, then you can gain your right back. It is really that simple.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

'FBI director needs to resign,' Gov. Rick Scott says after FBI admits to failing to investigate tip
FBI director says he's 'committed to getting to bottom of what happened'

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:17 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

BadKarma wrote:
PMB wrote:
BadKarma wrote:

He was being treated for a mental illness. That should have been an automatic reporting to the ATF/FBI and he should have failed his background check. Mental Illness is the #1 cause of violent crimes.

I see what you are saying. I am probably arguing semantics.
The devil is in the details.
But lets say that we had all the details and he received all the care that modern psychiatrists and counselors could give... and he was amenable to the treatments and "recovered."
There are still no guarantees in life. How many people are treated for mental issues and then released? Would putting this fellow's name on that NICS list 100% prevent his buying, trading for, or building a firearm?

I think you are talking specifically about this case, and my earlier response was more a "we live in a free society".
Life is not safe, and trying to remove every form of danger has many effects... Unintended Consequences even.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:21 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PMB wrote:
I see what you are saying. I am probably arguing semantics.
The devil is in the details.
But lets say that we had all the details and he received all the care that modern psychiatrists and counselors could give... and he was amenable to the treatments and "recovered."
There are still no guarantees in life. How many people are treated for mental issues and then released? Would putting this fellow's name on that NICS list 100% prevent his buying, trading for, or building a firearm?

I think you are talking specifically about this case, and my earlier response was more a "we live in a free society".
Life is not safe, and trying to remove every form of danger has many effects... Unintended Consequences even.

I was specifically talking about this case. Not in general.

Freedom is always dangerous.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:24 pm
Profile WWW

Too busy trying to overthrow the current President to do the actual job they are supposed to be doing?

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
... Unintended Consequences even.

I see what you did there :wink05:

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:40 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Deputies called to killers home 39 times in 7 years.
Nothing suspicious there.
Not like there were any clues that someone should have followed up on.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/deputies- ... ven-years/

'Long before he slaughtered 17 people at the South Florida high school he once attended, Nikolas Cruz had a disturbing way of introducing himself.
"Hi, I'm Nick," he used to say, according to an acquaintance interviewed by CNN. "I'm a school shooter."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/shoot ... index.html

The nature of the emergencies at his Parkland home included “mentally ill person,” “child/elderly abuse,” “domestic disturbance” and “missing person,” KTLA reported.

And a schoolmate, Brody Speno, told the network that cops were called to Cruz’s home “almost every other week.”

“Something wasn’t right about him,” Speno told CNN. “He was off.”

Speno said he knew Cruz from elementary school and described him as “an evil kid” who was “always getting in trouble.”

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

heymagic wrote:
Too busy trying to overthrow the current President to do the actual job they are supposed to be doing?

No shit. It's a known hard fact. The truth. FBI Agents, in some strange ass love circle, were indeed texting bullshit about Trump. A lot. And this incompetence happens.

Trump. Once again is correct about the FBI.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next