Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Cerberus Training Group: Pistol Fundamentals course 

Highly recommended. I've been shooting for years and have read and viewed countless sources of information on same. Yet my results were poor and frustrating. So I signed up for this course and took it yesterday. The results have been nothing short of outstanding.

The instructors - Morgan and Dusty - were knowledgeable, thorough, attentive and supportive. The other five trainees from around the state all made terrific progress in our understanding, techniques, abilities and performance. The range is great for this as well.

As it is recommended not to use a compact pistol for the course, I invested in a 1911 (maximum bang for a sub-ten-round magazine buck) which turned out to be the only 45ACP there. Glock, S&W M&P, Sig, and Beretta 9mm pistols made up the rest. As such, Morgan and Dusty did a fine job of addressing the intricacies and peculiarities of all of them well. My new Gersan 1911 repeatedly failed to return to battery and even had one stovepipe failure but all turned out to be due to my improper grip. Not in positioning my hands or fingers but where and how much I applied pressure. With a bit of one-on-one assistance from them, I soon went from the misfire (and lousy shot) old fart to having the pistol run reliably, fast, and on target far better than I could ever have expected in one day.

I am looking forward to taking the Rifle Fundamentals. Though I've shot them for over 50 years, I suspect that again, I will discover that there is a lot that I don't know after all. And the Run the Gun classes will follow, I'm sure.

There are many positive reviews of the classes at Cerberus Training. It is a privilege and delightful to be able to provide another which they deserve so well.

Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, and thanks for the great review!

You're lucky to live so close to Cerberus Training. I've taken a couple of classes with Steve, and he sure knows his stuff, there is no doubt about that.

I'm glad they helped you get the 1911 back on track; that must have been frustrating!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JimHorn wrote:
...My new Gersan 1911 repeatedly failed to return to battery and even had one stovepipe failure but all turned out to be due to my improper grip. Not in positioning my hands or fingers but where and how much I applied pressure.

Curious. You are right handed? Left hand thumb making too much contact with the slide? Something else? Thanks in advance for sharing what you learned.

Mon May 01, 2023 10:10 am

Damn dude best first post ever.

Yeah those guys know their stuff by all accounts. Wish I lived out that way and had a few more bucks, could definitely benefit from what they have to offer.

Glad to see you made some evolutions.

And takin' a new gun to a class? You're a braver man than I, good sir!

Mon May 01, 2023 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]