Shops, Gear, Ranges.. Let others know how your experience was.
Post a reply

Went to Oregon, some friendly and not some friendly shops

Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:22 pm

Me and my wife took a trip down to Oregon, wanted to stop at some shops for her, and I wanted to go to a few bang bang boutique shops and see what they were like. I stopped in at Northwest armory and coffee, it looked liked the biggest and best place to go.

So I walk in and I asked the guys some questions about some things I’m looking for, and asked him about some other things I’m looking for, and then he says you have your ID on you? And I say, for what, and he goes well we check ID’s here. And I go why would it matter where I’m from? I’ve never heard that you have to show an ID. I’m not over here trying to go to buy alcohol. So after I got pissed off at this communist little Fark………..

I set out to find another place, and I found a great place. It’s a store in Gresham Oregon. They’re very friendly and they seem to like American cash. I hear they have a very big order of boom boom shrimp coming in on Tuesday. They also have Advanced Fire :AR15firing: and Training

Now I know some may give me some flack. But it’s also good to know who our friends are and who aren’t. I say we use paper money,…………..while we still can. :patriot:

Re: Went to Oregon, some friendly and not some friendly shop

Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:26 pm

The only time I’ve ever been asked for ID was when gun purchases, screw that little twerp at NW Armory!

Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:28 am

To be fair you were most likely asking a bunch of obvious wershingtonian kinda questions.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:50 am

Nope. It was what I had that must of peaked his interest. Either way, not cool. He even mentioned something about Federal way guns, I don’t remember exactly, I was so pissed off. I was looking for a variety of items, asking about many different um, cups he had in stock, but nearly everything I asked for he didn’t have.

Not only that but a local gun shop here in Washington was telling me that I should register all my braces. I was shocked. I think these guys are so beyond scared. Then come to find out that only 255k got registered, makes me wonder? Honestly, my trust is at zero now a days. Just my opinion.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:24 am

Some shops run more scared than others.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:25 pm

*piqued

Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:22 pm

jukk0u wrote:*piqued

Talk to auto correct. I didn’t know how to spell it. :bigsmile:

I’m just trying to save people wasted trips. If these shops want to censor people like they do everywhere else, well, good luck. AFT will see me again. :bow:

Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:26 pm

Old Growth wrote:To be fair you were most likely asking a bunch of obvious wershingtonian kinda questions.

So? As long as he wasn't trying to buy a pistol or semi-auto rifle it shouldn't matter. Maybe, maybe they could be scared of a lawsuit from WA if they sold standard capacity mags, but other than that it doesn't matter.

Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:30 pm

Right now there are so many injunctions that no one should be concerned about having a pistol with a brace.

Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:17 am

well, I have a passport card with me.
I am about to travel to Portland next week or so. I would like to see their reaction to this "ID".

Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:37 pm

zzero000 wrote:well, I have a passport card with me.
I am about to travel to Portland next week or so. I would like to see their reaction to this "ID".

That's actually a value adding option for addressing a "show me your papers" question in a state neutral way.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:55 pm

Having been into northwest armory a number of times over the years. Seems they have dipped into the “if you’re not spending big $$$ on a new toy… we really don’t care bout you” attitude, as of late. All the questions probably were starting to annoy him and he was smart enough to know where you were from and used that as an excuse to get you to go away.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:29 pm

Unless you guys are running sovcit “plates” on your cars (thus making you suspicious in a completely different way), your passport card isn’t fooling anyone about where you’re from.
Post a reply