Switch to full style
Shops, Gear, Ranges.. Let others know how your experience was.
Post a reply

Re: LESA Pierce county CCW issuance.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:45 am

Update:

Dear Steve,
Thank you for providing me with this information. I have directed our County Council attorney to look into this matter.
The situation you described is totally unacceptable and will be addressed. I will have staff follow up with you once the
necessary contacts have been made to resolve the problem.

Thanks again.

Roger Bush, Chair
Pierce County Council
Council District Three

Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:01 am

Wow, that's a damned good start.

Let's hope the rest of the process goes that smoothly!

Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:25 am

That's a great response!

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:14 pm

mxsjw wrote:F@*k.. And I have to renew this year, great.

ME TOO!!!

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Wow, keep us posted what they do or if things improve. Also thankful for TCSO. They're pretty quick in my experience.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:21 pm

gwaugh wrote:Wow, keep us posted what they do or if things improve. Also thankful for TCSO. They're pretty quick in my experience.

+100

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:08 am

On a brighter note, total elapsed time from application to permit in my hands, 7 days. I got it in the mail today.
So LESA's performance in processing applications seems very good

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:43 am

Glad to hear, thanks for the update.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:01 am

I'm assuming no update from the Councilman?

I too am up for renewal shortly, I thought not being able to speak to a human on the phone (as far as I could figure through the phone tree, which just says they are closed today, yesterday it was a few options, none of which I found led to a human) was a bad sign. Of course coupled with this being the ONLY place in the entire County to renew. Then I see this thread. :(

You'd think, if money is so tight, that at Sheriff's offices that have the capability to do fingerprinting, they would like the opportunity to take the work and make the money on it. If business is so brisk at the one location, I would think hiring a part-timer at other (more convenient to us, the taxpayers) locations would be a no-brainer.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 am

No, nothing yet. .gov works slow.

The best hope is that I went during some sort of holiday season rush, when many had a lot of time off to jump through .gov hoops. Maybe someone can do a quick recon?

But yeah, a second location, say the South hill precinct, would be great.
Actual physical access is improved since LESA moved across the street, at least you don't have to go into the CC building anymore, and I saw no signs prohibiting carry.

But once you are there, in the LESA office, the wait time sucks. At least that week.

And a suggestion, don't park down the street in front of the main library. It's a magnet for um...the less fortunate and less washed.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:06 am

Thought I would share my experience as well.

Yesterday my wife took off early so we could get our permist. We arrived arround 1330 (1:30). The wait room was full and my wife had number A051 and I had A052. After about 1 hour and 45 minutes, the lady came out and said they wood not be taking any more numbers. They stopped at A050! So, we left and went back this morning. We arrived at 0700 (got great parking) and started the line at about 0745. They opened the doors at 0828 (that was the time on my ticket) and my wife got A001 and I got A002. They called my wife almost immediately and helped us both at the same time. We then went and got fingerprinted and were out of thereat about 0845. So it was just about 15 minutes for the two of us.

The up side (I guess) was yesterday, they called all the CPL renewals that were there before the turned everyone away. So it seems the renewal process does get priority at the end of the day.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 am

jpatm2 wrote:After about 1 hour and 45 minutes, the lady came out and said they wood not be taking any more numbers. They stopped at A050! So, we left and went back this morning.

That pisses me off . . . and it didn't even happy to me. :blackcloud1:

I'm happy that you had great service this morning, though. I guess that's the bottom line for people going to that office: Pretend it's Black Friday at Fry's; get there early, and be the first in the door!

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm going there tomorrow morning when they open. Parking should be fun, maybe I'll get lucky like you! :)

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Joe Hemi wrote:I'm going there tomorrow morning when they open. Parking should be fun, maybe I'll get lucky like you! :)

People didn't fill up the parking in front of the building until 0730-0745. Get there before then and parking is a breeze.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:36 pm

jpatm2 wrote:
Joe Hemi wrote:I'm going there tomorrow morning when they open. Parking should be fun, maybe I'll get lucky like you! :)

People didn't fill up the parking in front of the building until 0730-0745. Get there before then and parking is a breeze.

I'm going Monday AM. Hope it doesn't take all damn day.
Post a reply