Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Anacortes Telescope, Wild birds, and Firearms 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to the San Juans this weekend with the wife. Along the way on Highway 20 I saw a giant sign saying "Guns". It was calling my name. Of course the wife said no way. After driving past it a couple times and suggesting that we should stop in, she says if we get back from the islands and it's still open we can go. Well the San Juans wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Just a tourist trap and a lot of hills to pedal up(we were on our bicycles). Well we get back into town in plenty of time to stop in.

We walk in and see these GIANT telescopes. I know next to nothing about telescopes but I'd say these were on the high end. Quite a selection too. After breezing past them to get to the goods it felt like about any other gun shop. 2 display cases set up in an "L" shape in the corner. Rifle racks along the wall. I peek in the first case. I see the typical handguns that I would see about anywhere. Prices seemed mildly high. Nothing outragous but not real deals happening here. Then I peek across the counter to the rifles. A lot of AR platforms, some lever guns etc. OK, still same-same. Peek into the next case. Oh My God! This case is about 15 feet long with 3 shelves. Stocked from edge to edge with 1911's. Not just any old 1911's but every type of 1911. Citadal is where it starts. A $7K Ed Brown Custom is where I think it ended. They had everything. Nighthawk Custom, Les Baer, Kimber, Ruger, Colt, Springfield Armory, you name it they had it.

So even though I'm really not a 1911 guy, I was impressed to say the least. There had to be around $100K in 1911's in this one case alone. I'd say most gun shops don't have half that in total inventory. I started looking at the rest of their inventory. This place has anything you could be looking for. Including a VEPR .308. Anyways, If you all are in the north end swing on by there. Deffinately worth the trip. Here's their link http://www.anacortesgunshop.com/c/218/1 ... enumber=21

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 pm

I've bought a few guns from the owner he's a nice guy, he's got a great selection of scopes also. thumbsup

- Ty Cobb

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Elk-aholic wrote:
I've bought a few guns from the owner he's a nice guy, he's got a great selection of scopes also. thumbsup

He was very personable. The lady(I believe his wife) was also very friendly.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]