Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:05 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Pro Mag Sig Sauer P238 mags 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, had 2 of these mags in 6 round variants. Black, light, seemed ok. See, I HAD 2 of these. Now, instead of doing a PIF, I chucked them into the trash. No way I would feel good about even giving them away. Don't lock back slide on last round, feed like a 2 year old (messy, sloppy, sometimes won't get into the throat).

Resulting grade?

Jonathan Swift

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Tyler Durden

I've got no strings
To hold me down
To make me fret, or make me frown
I had strings
But now I'm free
There are no strings on me

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pro mag does not seem to have any good reputation. I'm surprised to see them in legitimate gun stores.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pro Mag sucks.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:26 pm

Pro mags are good to practice failures with. I suggest everyone have one.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Magpul just won a lawsuit against them I believe (or others like them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:48 pm

So what does that mean?

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The suit may be about the use of the abbreviation "PMAG". I have seen them described that way, and in my haste for a bargain, I bought a 2 pack. Lesson learned. But, that's just my theory.

Jonathan Swift

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Tyler Durden

I've got no strings
To hold me down
To make me fret, or make me frown
I had strings
But now I'm free
There are no strings on me

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.magpul.com/propaganda?itemId=News:38

Quote:
Magpul Obtains Judgment against Elite Tactical Systems in Patent Infringement Suit

February 25, 2015 — Magpul Industries Corp. announced today that it has concluded its patent infringement lawsuit against Elite Tactical Systems Group (E.T.S.), with the Court entering a judgment that E.T.S. infringed four Magpul patents—U.S. Patent Nos. 8,069,601, 8,635,796, 8,839,543, and 8,166,692. The Court ordered E.T.S. to immediately stop making, using, offering for sale, and selling its infringing magazines for AR-15/M16 rifles and carbines and its Rapid Recognition Follower. In addition, the Court ordered E.T.S. to destroy or permanently modify the molds used to manufacture the accused products. Lastly, the Court ordered E.T.S. to pay Magpul monetary damages.

This resolution of the E.T.S. suit was the lastest in a series of enforcement initiatives that Magpul started in 2013 against ProMag Industries, Cole Industries, Plinker Tactical, and Big Rock Sports (doing business as Swamp Fox) for offering for sale, selling, and distributing magazines for AR15/M16 compatible weapons that were alleged to be in violation of Magpul’s patents. ProMag, Cole Industries, and Big Rock Sports all settled their disputes with Magpul on confidential and mutually agreeable terms. The District Court entered a judgment against Plinker Tactical, finding that Plinker infringed Magpul’s patents and awarding damages.

Magpul notes that in every instance where it has taken legal action against another magazine manufacturer, the product in question is now either no longer in production or is no longer produced with the features that prompted Magpul’s lawsuit.
- See more at: https://www.magpul.com/propaganda?itemI ... 3wN2N.dpuf

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have four ProMag 32-rd mags for my M&P 9mm, and one 42-rd mag for my AR that I bought by mistake. I know they have a bad reputation, but I've used them several times with virtually no issues. The one issue I did have was with the M&P. A couple of times that I inserted a loaded mag on a locked-open slide, it caused the slide to close and chamber a round. But it only happened twice out of more mag changes than I can count. That being said, I have no intention of buying any more products from ProMag.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]