Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Arch angel Pro-Mag stock for Mosin. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of my Mosins came with an after market ATI stock. I just upgraded it to the Archangel stock. The adjustable cheek piece is nice to raise up so I can keep a good sight picture with my scout scope. The only real complaint is that you have to dremel out the back of the trigger area to be able to pull it back far enough to remove the bolt.

I'm also trying to find sling studs that fit the stock also. It comes with studs that you have to drill holes for, but there are some holes with a threaded metal insert. Any ideas? I tried searching on Cabelas, but I only found studs with wood type screw threads, not the metal type threads that is needed.

Also see PIF thread for the old stock.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by harleyjasondavidson on Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Update: I found some multi-adaptor swivel studs that are quick release with ball bearings at Cabelas. I put them in, and attached my sling. To my dismay the front sling stud popped out, almost breaking my scope. I thought maybe the stud was defective so I swapped them around and found the two back stud holes are fine and it is only the front one is bad. I called the Pro-Mag tech number, and it went straight through to a human being. I didn't have to press 1 for English/American, or any other crap. The tech said they did have some issues with the early ones in black, but my OD green one is a first. He is sending me a return label, and a set of studs to try out first before sending the stock back. Yes, it sucks to have a defective product. To me the way a company takes care of it, means a lot. :thumbsup2:

ETA: Also I had to dremel out the trigger area to allow the trigger to go back enough to remove the bolt, and they said no problem.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got a new stock from Pro-Mag today. The tech said he would check the stock himself. Well, the stud still pulls out, so the stud holes are basically useless.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

E-mail sent to Pro-Mag:
Attention Jack in support. I got the new stock the other day. Guess what? The front swivel quick release stud still pulls out. Thank you for your effort to replace it, but it was obvious that the replacement stock was not checked. So my review of the stock will be a poor review for that portion. The product has great potential. Also to remove the bolt on the 91/30 the trigger area needs to be dremeled out to remove the bolt, since the trigger area does not allow the trigger to go back far enough to release the bolt.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by harleyjasondavidson on Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

$150 on ebay, plus $14 to buy a box/packing material to send the defective one back (they sent me a return shipping label). Comes with a 5 round box, they sent me a complete stock back so I now have two 5 round boxes. Probably not going to bother sending this one back, and just deal with no sling. Haven't shot it yet, but my son dropped it and I hear some rattling in the scope now. I do like the adjustable riser, and LOP. Also it is now free float, or I can tension the barrel if I want.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:59 pm

I know it's been over a year since the original post, but are you by any chance using a trigger return spring with a sear spring shim?

Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:00 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

rogueleader wrote:
I know it's been over a year since the original post, but are you by any chance using a trigger return spring with a sear spring shim?

Welcome to WaGuns, Chance! :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rogueleader wrote:

Probably not since I have no idea what you are talking about.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Ok, it's just a spring and shim you can add to the mosin Nagant to tighten up the trigger play and make the pull alot smoother, I only ask because I recently bought an archangel stock and had the same trigger pull issue where there wasn't enough room for the trigger to pull back to fire or remove the bolt, but once I removed the shim from the sear spring it worked fine without any dremmeling. Just thought it might be the same issue

Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]