Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:44 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Avoid Quantico in Tacoma - terrible service & price gouging 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gotta read agan. "Worked"

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
Gotta read agan. "Worked"

Lol ok! Good cause that would give me another reason not to go in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You lost me at L_O_G A+

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:15 pm

There's a few places that have this kind of policy. It's likely to go away as the gun industry becomes more professional and realizes that it's an odd policy and causes more problems than it fixes.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:05 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

You all just need to come see Brad (ME) at Brads Guns. No appointment needed and always friendly. :thumbsup2:
What are you doing at Quantico anyways?

17008 Forest Canyon RD E
Lake Tapps, Wa. 98391

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:
You all just need to come see Brad (ME) at Brads Guns. No appointment needed and always friendly. :thumbsup2:

Shout out to Brad. Always a pleasant experience, and yes, no appt necessary. Example of wonderful service with a smile. And no dishonesty on his policies/website.

:thumbsup2:

Again, the fee is annoying, but the lying/misrepresentation on store policy is a deal breaker, as is the rude service.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Thanks man. I know I'm a bit of a drive for you.

17008 Forest Canyon RD E
Lake Tapps, Wa. 98391

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another +1 for Brad. :thumbsup2: I always have a great experience working with him.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Disregarding any legitimacy to arguments about Quantico's marketing (I've never shopped there and I haven't looked at it enough) I find it absurd to be complaining about how the cost of a transfer against the overall value of the item being transferred somehow makes the cost absurd. Transfers are a fixed price, and if you want to transfer a $60 object, that is your problem, the fact you are transferring a low value item does not entitle you to whine about how the transfer cost is so how relative to the overall value of an item.

Having said that, anyone in this state who transfers a lower deserves whatever cost they incur because as already mentioned 594 makes it pretty clear it isn't a gun.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
Transfers are a fixed price,

Really? You mean that I5 Guns is suppose to charge $30 for every transfer on every day of the week, even when they offer $5 Sundays once a month (or is it free? I furget)?
Almost every shop I've been at has a different transfer fee.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

Really? You mean that I5 Guns is suppose to charge $30 for every transfer on every day of the week, even when they offer $5 Sundays once a month (or is it free? I furget)?

Nice job taking something out of context.

The price of a transfer doesn't vary based on the value of what is being transferred, and to bitch about the cost of a transfer relative to the value of an item being transferred is stupid, especially if it is a low value item such as the OP is worked up over. So yes, it is a fixed price, regardless of the value of the item you are transferring.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
AR15L wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

Nice job taking something out of context.

The price of a transfer doesn't vary based on the value of what is being transferred, and to bitch about the cost of a transfer relative to the value of an item being transferred is stupid, especially if it is a low value item such as the OP is worked up over. So yes, it is a fixed price, regardless of the value of the item you are transferring.

Reminded why I have you on ignore. That's not what my MAIN gripe was. Re-read. It's the bait and switch dishonesty in advertising, and poor customer service. I've willingly paid $25+ for transfers knowing that was the price going in. However when a walk in customer has the price arbitrarily doubled that's unethical. I don't tell you how to spend your money, so please don't tell me how to spend mine.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:

This!!

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 for Brad as well.

I did a transfer at Bullseye recently, and they waived the fee. I think the counter dude knew the buyer. I rewarded them by buying some .44 Mag ammo and a couple Boresnakes.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Hahaha 594 transfers...

If I were to do one I'd call the place to see if it was ok to stop by before I left the house. Just like I call before I buy a gun online to let them know I'm sending them something and to see if they are setup to deal with who I'm buying from. If you are going into a business and the person has to do more than ask if they can help you and ring you up, double check. Doing a walk in transfer at quantico usually means that half their workforce is down for 15 minutes.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:05 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next