Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:35 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Avoid Quantico in Tacoma - terrible service & price gouging 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

If I had an FFL and the overhead of the shop and such, I would be churning transfers at as low of a possible rate as I could. Foot traffic is your friend, and it gives you an opportunity to upsell on mags, ammo, cleaning kits...

McDonalds makes little money on Big Macs. The money is from fries, cokes, kids meals, and desserts.

I retired from a retail franchising business (corporate level). We had a saying that applied to most of our Franchisee's. "So effing dumb you want to hit them over the head and put the money in their pocket while they're lying there unconcious".

For some reason many gun shop owners don't impress me as astute businessmen with all to many behaving like they hate customers. As for their employees? Most fit the mold of "Minimum Wage Employee" quite well.

As for myself, I spent so much of my life "kissing customer's asses" I swore that once I retired I would never kiss anyone's butt again, especially when spending my money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

While I agree that not posting the appointment/no appointment prices is BS. The one purchase I made there of a 5 pack of lowers was a very good experience.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lol. You think that's bad, try surplus arms and ammo. I think their fee for non appointments is $95.

Edit: $30 "announced" $75 "unannounced" transfer fees.

Last edited by twolane on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

twolane wrote:
Lol. You think that's bad, try surplus arms and ammo. I think their fee for non appointments is $95.

Really? Another reason not to go there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chevytruckman wrote:
twolane wrote:

Really? Another reason not to go there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure they have a $35 transfer fee for receiving a firearm from an FFL, and a $50+ fee for receiving an unannounced firearm from an FFL i.e. a gun they didn't order and weren't aware was en route shows up in a box full of cat piss smelling newspaper with no clue who the fuck its for or what to do with it. I haven't used SAA for an FFL transfer since they were located in Lakewood, but they have a sign in the current shop outlining prices for transfers & surprise transfers. No clue what their policy on 594/Person to Person transfers is.

I've bought a lot of used firearms from SAA over the years, some awesome deals on stuff at times.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would rather slam a drawer shut on my sack repeatedly than shop at SAA. I haven't forgotten their price gouging ways when there was panic buying.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I would rather slam a drawer shut on my sack repeatedly than shop at SAA. I haven't forgotten their price gouging ways when there was panic buying.

I absolutely still hold them accountable for this nutsuckery.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So after 4 pages of this thread, I figured I would ad my .02.

First I want to say that I'm not one to complain much about customer service issues that often unless its completely ridiculous, since I deal with the public daily and know how ridiculous some people can be. With that being said, the service we got on that day was a joke. After we found out the fee was not the $15 advertised, I told LC that I would split it with him due to the miscommunication. I was talking with LC and the guy behind the counter about the website is a bit confusing on the price of their transfers, and he obviously didn't like me mentioning that. I wasn't crass or rude, it was just more of an observation but I can tell he got irritated by it. Sure, maybe I could have been more thorough in my reading of their website but its difficult to read and drive on the freeway.

I know they don't keep the lights on by doing these transfers, but it's more about building a customer base that comes back for purchases. I then asked if they had a holster for a CZ75, and I got a quick "No were not a CZ dealer" response. At that point I knew I was bout to take a ride on the struggle bus with this guy. When it came time to paying the transfer, I asked if he had change for a $50 so we could split it and was told no. I ended up overpaying for a Glock ETS mag just so I could get change.

We didn't need to go there, but the spot was convenient for both of us and from what we thought the transfer fee was fair. The old saying speak with your wallet will definitely come in to play with this place moving forward. Lesson learned.

Last edited by L_O_G on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

L_O_G wrote:
At that point I knew I was bout to take a ride on the struggle bus with this guy.

:thumbsup2: :rofl9:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I traded a cheap rifle for a nice AR upper at QT before their big move, back when they were in Lakewood. We weren`t originally going to go there, we were supposed to be going to some home FFL in the middle of nowhere before I got a phone call saying that he found out QT had $15 transfers. So after a slight change of course I arrived and began waiting for him to show up, only took a couple minutes, no big deal. The guy behind the counter was about as welcoming as whomever it was for the previous review, and I explained that I don`t know if it had been scheduled - this was a spur-of-the-moment thing. He just stared forward until my guy showed up and we began the paperwork. Only small talk was between the two of us, he just kinda sat there. During that time some homeless guy stepped in and stared at us while eating his Cheetos. I had a friend waiting in the car at the time who tells me that when he left he met with some homeless woman in the parking lot who began berating him for not selling their socks, and yelled "How are we going to afford cigarettes now?!?" Don`t forget that he just sat there staring, didn`t do anything. The paperwork finished up and he asked $15 transfer. I chalked the weirdness up to Lakewood being Lakewood, it`s a shame to see that their move didn`t change much.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since OP is a lawyer, how is not a blatant violation of bait and switch advertising? They advertise $15 background checks and there is not asterisk stating that it is only for returning customers.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DONOTBUGME wrote:
Since OP is a lawyer, how is not a blatant violation of bait and switch advertising? They advertise $15 background checks and there is not asterisk stating that it is only for returning customers.

Solid point. They`ve gotta be manipulating some loophole or something.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fjordforder wrote:
DONOTBUGME wrote:

Yea, the loophole is they are a business and have the right to set their policies. On their website they say $15 transfers, which THEY DO OFFER. The buyer has every right to get a $15 transfer if he would have followed their policies (which are not required to be online, or anywhere really). The buyer had every right and option to leave and take his commerce elsewhere, but HE CHOSE to continue to do business.

Are we seriously advocating suing a company, one that is on our side more than they are not, because of a few dollars and hurt feelings? What happened to big boy panties and just getting on with life. Write an email to corporate and the local store informing them of your disappointment and letting them know that it would be nice if they explained their transfer pricing policy online.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1) People question odd business practices
2) Offer possible reasons for strange doings
3) They magically begin advocating legal recourse

???

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:57 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Massivedesign wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:
DONOTBUGME wrote:

Yea, the loophole is they are a business and have the right to set their policies. On their website they say $15 transfers, which THEY DO OFFER. The buyer has every right to get a $15 transfer if he would have followed their policies (which are not required to be online, or anywhere really). The buyer had every right and option to leave and take his commerce elsewhere, but HE CHOSE to continue to do business.

Are we seriously advocating suing a company, one that is on our side more than they are not, because of a few dollars and hurt feelings? What happened to big boy panties and just getting on with life. Write an email to corporate and the local store informing them of your disappointment and letting them know that it would be nice if they explained their transfer pricing policy online.
It's a shame that some grown men can't admit to wearing panties.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next