Switch to full style
Shops, Gear, Ranges.. Let others know how your experience was.
Post a reply

Bushnell Legend T 15-45x Spotter

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:48 pm

I recently purchased the Bushnell Legend T 15-45 spotting scope. http://bushnell.com/all-products/spotti ... m-t-series

I've been looking for and saving for a decent spotting scope for months now. Up until last week I was settled on the Vortex Razor HD spotter. However, Vortex recently updated this line of spotting scopes and they are no longer (to my knowledge) available with a mil-reticle eyepiece. This was a non-starter for me.

The Legend T not only comes with a mil-hash reticle, but is first focal plane, comes with top and side mounted picatinny rail sections, and is priced right around half of what I expected to pay for the Vortex.

I haven't gotten a chance to take it shooting yet as I've yet to pick up a suitable tripod, but my initial observations tell me it was well worth the price. On 45x, I was able to read the buzz number painted on the side of an AH-64D hovering 4.3 km away, and using the reticle I was able to approximate its range based on rotor diameter and the mil-relation formula to within 200 yds. At more reasonable ranges (around 1.1 km), optical clarity was good, and I was able to accurately range objects even when using my backpack as a rest. Other reviews online are generally positive, and most say the glass is on par with the Leopold Gold Ring spotter. That being said, its a $500 spotting scope, so be realistic about your expectations if you are accustomed to shooting through super high-end glass.

Bottom line, if you're looking for a decent spotting scope that has a lot of features not normally found at this price-point, don't hesitate to pick up the Legend T.
Post a reply