Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Spectyr Industries Corporation. A.K.A. SIC (guns) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had to go to the cabinet factory in Monroe. As I was leaving I saw a sign that said "SIC - Guns/Ammo"
Natch... I HAD to drive around until I found them. (169th and Tye St. roughly; 14253 169th Drive SE #455)

Went in. It's a full gun store, but they have an emphasis on builds (parts, or they will do it for you)
Seems like they stock a lot of build parts (including LPK's and individual parts)
Transfers done there too. Suppressor sales.

They say they have great sources and can find guns faster (probably) and find "unicorn" guns that you may have trouble finding.

Nice folks.
Seem like pretty good prices.

They get the jukk0u seal of approval! :thumbsup2:

spectyrstore.com

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Jim, I added them to the Gun Store Map :thumbsup2:

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Had to go to the cabinet factory in Monroe. As I was leaving I saw a sign that said "SIC - Guns/Ammo"
Natch... I HAD to drive around until I found them. (169th and Tye St. roughly; 14253 169th Drive SE #455)

Went in. It's a full gun store, but they have an emphasis on builds (parts, or they will do it for you)
Seems like they stock a lot of build parts (including LPK's and individual parts)
Transfers done there too. Suppressor sales.

They say they have great sources and can find guns faster (probably) and find "unicorn" guns that you may have trouble finding.

Nice folks.
Seem like pretty good prices.

They get the jukk0u seal of approval! :thumbsup2:

spectyrstore.com

:plusone:

Spectyr is about a mile from my house and is now my second home. All the staff there are great. Very friendly and great prices. Their hours work great for us working folks, 11-7 m-fri, 10-5 I think on Saturday.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:47 am

I just dropped an AK74 off with them for some work. Does anyone have any experience with their smithing services? Honestly, they didn't me with a whole lot of hope. I guess I'll find out in the near future.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 pm

I have had 2 precision rifles threaded there with excellent results.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are the FFL for my new Ruger PCC that I bought yesterday :)
Never been there, but they're only 5-6 miles from home...

Peace,
Michael J.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Just picked up my AK from Spectyr. The work looks great and the price was less than expected so thats awesome. I was really underwhelmed by their customer service though. They had my gun for a lot longer than they estimated (2 weeks estimated) and never once called me. After the estimated turn around date had come and gone I called them to see what the status was, conversation went as followed.

Me: "Hey whats going on with my rifle."
Clerk: "Oh you didn't get our call? It was done the day you dropped it off."
M: "Great! So I can come and pick it up?"
C: "Actually It might not be here. It may be at our gunsmiths house. He needed a special tool to do the work. I'll call him and get back to you ASAP."
M: "Okay sounds good."

I called again later that day because I didn't have much faith in their communication skills. She told me that she hadn't heard back from the smith and said "don't worry I'll call you as soon as I hear back" in the most condescending way possible. After that I thought "don't worry Ian, she'll get back to you."

Another week goes by. No call. I call them this morning and the same clerk picks up the phone. Conversation goes as follows.

Me: "Hello. I dropped a rifle off with you guys for some work to be done a while back. I was just wondering what the status is?"
Clerk: "Well I'm going to need a lot more info from you, like what kind of gun, whats your phone number and first and last names?"
M: "Last name ----------"
C: "Oh is this Ian? Don't you remember we called you? It was done on Monday."
M: "No. I never got a call. I'll come get it now."

While I was there dropping the rifle off also sang the praises of Promag mags saying that they're better than the East German bakelites I was already using. Yeah right. lol. She also said "I don't think that this front sight post will work" when I knew for a fact it was the right one and what do we know it worked. Every interaction I had with them was just filled with condescension, doubt and ignorance about the items their store sold. I could potentially see myself using their gunsmith again in the future but probably won't ever buy anything from them. Sorry about the wall of text.

Thu May 03, 2018 4:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]