Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 WTBorrow DD M4 wrench 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got a Daniel Defense M4 quad rail (I know it's old, so am I, get over it). For some reason I've been wanting to built an upper with a 14.5" barrel, FSP, and quad rail.

Hoping that someone has the wrench it takes to put it on. The rail and the wrench have been discontinued for a while.

The instructions say I can use a strap wrench so I might have to resort to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

guessing this?

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the one that Ops posted is the one you need, I have one. I'm in Oly.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
guessing this?

No. That fits their other rails. The one I need is unique to the M4 rail.

Last edited by RocketScott on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

might want to post a picture of what you want as that is what DD says to use for their M4 Rails

https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems/ ... rench.html

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not sure why they say it fits the DDM4. I know that wrench does NOT fit what I have.

Here is the wrench I need:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/719044/daniel-defense-m4-rail-threaded-ring-spanner-wrench-ar-15

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if you don't have a spanner wrench or a multi tool that will fit DD says use a strap wrench

just stop by home depot

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-8-in-S ... /300117125

Yaki's - last journey

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:15 pm

I need one of those too, probably going to just buy a strap wrench.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:44 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

This?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can almost promise you a strap wrench is not going to be strong enough break a barrel but loose. If you can get me some dimensions I can cut you one out on a water jet.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:22 am

mcyclonegt wrote:
I can almost promise you a strap wrench is not going to be strong enough break a barrel but loose. If you can get me some dimensions I can cut you one out on a water jet.

It's not the barrel not, just an oversized aluminum nut that holds the handguard to the barrel nut.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sreyemj wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

It's not the barrel not, just an oversized aluminum nut that holds the handguard to the barrel nut.

In that case it may just work. My offer still stands however. I would need a blueprint of sorts.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:09 am

mcyclonegt wrote:
sreyemj wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

In that case it may just work. My offer still stands however. I would need a blueprint of sorts.

I would love to get one if it's not too expensive, maybe I could mail you the nut?

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Absolutely. I could make a few. Just pay for shipping and be patient. :bigsmile:

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That would be sweet.

Not sure if there's a market for them since the rail and wrench are both discontinued.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next