Switch to full style
Post here if you are in need of a specific service, or have a job opening to advertise.
Post a reply

Anybody do car audio?

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Wanted to get a little upgrade.

Local "discount audio" place wasn't. Upsell was full on.
tia

Re: Anybody do car audio?

Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:31 am

What kind of vehicle and what are you looking to do?

Have you checked out Crutchfield? They have installation instructions and parts required for install that come with most products.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:51 am

If you don't need to have any special fabrication done, audio install is pretty simple in a car. Just be sure to buy a wire connector kit that fits your vehicle so you don't have to splice up any of the factory wiring (I've done both, and believe me, it's worth it to be able to put everything back if you decide to sell or get a different deck later). Vehicle specific face plates and such are also available and usually snap right in. If you were closer I'd walk you through it, but it really isn't hard unless you are adding a ton of custom stuff and need it all fiberglassed in etc. You can save yourself a bunch of money and learn for future projects by doing it yourself!

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:18 pm

I was just being lazy.

I did the speaker swap on both my last two vehicles-in & out before trading. After YouTube videos, this door ha sa lot more crap to deal with. My bright idea was to pay the speaker markup plus labor and not fool with it. $1200? Ill turn the fucking radio off.

I really wont. I will order speakers. And kits. And put them in.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:00 pm

$1200 for speakers?! No no no.... that's a shop I'd never go back to....

Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:41 pm

I'm also curious. I'd like a new in-dash setup, but unwilling to pay the absurd retail prices.

If anyone knows this stuff and wants to make some reasonable side money, PM me.

I'll probably buy a new head unit soon-ish and look to pay someone to install... if it makes sense.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:04 pm

Normanator wrote:$1200 for speakers?! No no no.... that's a shop I'd never go back to....

I asked to replace the speakers.

He informed me I couldn't just do that. I needed an amp, i needed a crossover, then the best speakees.

$1167

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:12 pm

Did you try Foss audio? The one in Kent has treated me well with stereo installs, remote starter and tinting.
Post a reply