Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 electrician needed 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You even have room in the existing panel?? I would doubt it. Someone may have mentioned a sub panel. To do it right AND to code its gonna be a few bucks

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

toys in the toybox wrote:
You even have room in the existing panel?? I would doubt it. Someone may have mentioned a sub panel. To do it right AND to code its gonna be a few bucks

Yes I have one spot left :party1:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mash man wrote:

One spot? One single spot, or one double spot? The breaker you need will be a 2-pole breaker (2 spots)

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
mash man wrote:

One spot? One single spot, or one double spot? The breaker you need will be a 2-pole breaker (2 spots)

:angryfire: I don't know.

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is there anything that you do know??......anything?????

Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If his breakers are the "fat boys" for lack of the proper description, he can add a duplex breaker that provides two circuits for each position. I had to use this for my Hot-Tub supply line (50 A). It had a pair of 50 A breakers in the center and one 15 A on each end for a total of four "switches".

Another way to get past the "not enough positions" problem, especially if you live in Yelm (or that area) is to put in a Generator Transfer switch/panel. This allows one to vacate several positions as they are now moved to the transfer switch panel. Move 6 15A circuits to the Switch Panel and then just use one 60A breaker in the main panel for when the transfer panel is powered up from the grid. Leaves a net of 4 "New" positions and a lot less of a "cluster-f#$%" when the power goes out and you fire up the generator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do I sense service change in the near future? :bigsmile: Seriously, some more info would help.... looks like a road trip though... Does the incoming power come from overhead, or underground? and if it has a main breaker, what size is it? ( there is a chance that there are up to 6 larger breakers that together turn off everything in the panel. this is called a split buss, and they kinda suck ) Also, what brand is the current panel? There is often more spaces then one would think available with the use of peanut breakers, as mentioned earlier by other members. They kinda sucks too, though if it can't be avoided, its ok. We normally put all small loads like 15 and 20 amp branch circuits on peanuts, and then put 240 loads on full size breakers if at all possible. Brian P.S. is Yelm in Mexico, or Canada?

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yelm is mexico east of lacey (ahole breakfast place)

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sparkeee1978 wrote:
there is a chance that there are up to 6 larger breakers that together turn off everything in the panel. this is called a split buss, and they kinda suck )

I thought they aren't "code" anymore for new installations. They don't "kinda suck" they TOTALLY suck.

I had one of those panels in an old house I bought back in the early 70's. Not only a "Split Bus" but it was made by Zinsco and had both aluminum bus and aluminum wiring. I gave that house to my ex wife in 1985 :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I wonder if she ever fixed the flickering lites. :rofl9:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:12 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mash's house is a newer house (in fact, I think he is the first occupant). So I am sure it's a newer panel.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Mash's house is a newer house (in fact, I think he is the first occupant). So I am sure it's a newer panel.

Yup I bought it when it's was about half way done being built :party1:

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello?

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
Hello?

Como Estas?

LoL

have you thought about getting an actual estimate?

Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spikedzombies wrote:
mash man wrote:
Hello?

Como Estas?

LoL

have you thought about getting an actual estimate?

Yup Mr electric wanted $1834.00 to do it. I told him to go fuck himself. Oh he was also wearing a Jersey letting everyone know what year he started to be a fan... He saw all my Niners stuff :bringit:

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hello what??? you want me to say ill come over and do it??? I cannot condone or have knowledge of non permitted or code violation type activities :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Send me a good pic of your panel, Door open of course niners boy. you got my number still right??

Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next