Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Murphy auction for surplusammo.com

Tue May 07, 2024 6:17 pm

https://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/9701

Re: Murphy auction for surplusammo.com

Tue May 07, 2024 7:08 pm

I hear the PMAGs have a $100 reserve price.

Tue May 07, 2024 7:17 pm

Holly Shit Batman!!! icon_eek ROAD-TRIP :thumbsup2:

Wed May 08, 2024 3:56 pm

Most of the mags listed are over 10 rds :popcorn: just noticed the MT location :bigsmile:

Wed May 08, 2024 4:19 pm

Nobody's going to mention the backhoe?

Fri May 10, 2024 11:08 am

This is odd. What's up with James? Something happen to overall biz?

Fri May 10, 2024 12:14 pm

mordecai wrote:This is odd. What's up with James? Something happen to overall biz?

They’re still kicking, from what I can tell. Their lot moved from the old Kenmore location to up near me in Arlington. My boys always enjoy seeing the heavy equipment when we drive by

Fri May 10, 2024 1:29 pm

https://www.bigamfg.com/

Fri May 10, 2024 2:52 pm

I don't get it. Didn't I see another thread these guys just left WA?

Fri May 10, 2024 4:31 pm

Huh? They've been gome for a while.

Few years ago, James took a big part of the operation to MT.

The store in Tacoma closed a while back as well. Loved that place.

Fri May 10, 2024 7:49 pm

James G. Murphy in Marysville. Next auction is electronics, king county surplus and e-bikes that started yesterday.

https://www.murphyauction.com/

Fri May 10, 2024 9:56 pm

Sinus211 wrote:
mordecai wrote:This is odd. What's up with James? Something happen to overall biz?

They’re still kicking, from what I can tell. Their lot moved from the old Kenmore location to up near me in Arlington. My boys always enjoy seeing the heavy equipment when we drive by

James Bigelow (the guy who owned Surplus Ammo and used to man the gunshow tables for years before he got big and opened a retail location) versus James G Murphy. :ROFLMAO:

Fri May 10, 2024 10:09 pm

hkcavalier wrote:I hear the PMAGs have a $100 reserve price.

Everyone talks shit about their prices during the panics. I was in their Lakewood location during one of the shortages/panics when a guy came in and was super excited to be able to buy a brick of 22s for $80+ iirc. They had it available on the shelf when no one else did (everyone else had been bought out), that guy called a buddy and ended up buying 2 bricks and was totally okay with the price. I assume he had zero ammo at home if he was buying $80+ bricks of 22lr and was calling people to spread the word that he had struck gold finding some on the shelf.

People who are into guns forget there are people who buy ZERO ammo or mags before the hype/panic/swarm of locusts and are totally happy to pay ANY price to have a functioning firearm because it wasnt a priority before the panic. They get stuck paying the stupid tax for not making it a higher priority. If Surplus wasn't so expensive, the usual guys would have bought ALL the ammo and mags to build their ammo fort, not because they didnt already have 20K+ of 22LR and 300 NIW pmags. BTDT myself :bigsmile:
Post a reply