Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Dirty bolt on new savage gun expected? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Savage Must be turning out some real crap these days if new bolts look like that. Looks like a blown primer to a few folks I have shown the Pic to..They were all really pissed off at the look of it...6 years ago Savage Rifles had a yellow packing grease on the bolts and the metal parts. Never had one come into My shop with any thing that looked like rust on them. Matter of fact Remington 700's, Winchester 70's all had the viscous grease on metal parts as part of their packaging....

Soly, If you are accepting $1700 Palmas looking like that....????

NRA Life Member-Since 1983
Life Member-North American Hunting Club
Life Member-National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association
Founder-Crusaders Motorcycle Ministries

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

os2firefox wrote:
I bought this from West Coast Armory in Bellevue. They had to order it via their distributor. It was also late by two weeks and they didn't even feel the need to call me.

I called them this morning and they told me I can come and have them inspect the rifle with a manager. Then the manager says the gun cannot be used, because it's illegal to sell used guns. They told me I should call Savage or come on Monday to speak with another manager... disappointing.

What can I do about this?

Really? Used Guns can't be sold legally? Interesting statement.

Your rifle sounds like it has some miles on it and may have even been sold once, returned for an exchange, re-packaged and then passed on up the line.

Depending on where it stopped along the line, some places have more corrosive atmosphere's than others.

I would hold NWA's feet to the fire and either have them provide you with a firearm that has no crud and rust or adjust the price you paid with a partial refund.

When I buy a rifle, I want to install the dirt and rust myself. That way I can get it just the way I like it :ROFLMAO:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mohawk13 wrote:
Savage Must be turning out some real crap these days if new bolts look like that.

I was thinking the same thing. I bought a cheap assed Remington Model 710 second hand, have shot the piss out of it and it doesn't look anywhere near that bad. The most I have ever done to the bolt face as far as cleaning goes is swab it with a Q-tip dipped in clp.

-- Sen. Barack Obama, March 16, 2006

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Called Savage Arms and sent them the picture. The lady said that the gun looks used and has been shot quite a bit (definitely not testing rounds or lightly). Also recommended that the gun be inspected and tested before I shoot it.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

os2firefox wrote:
Called Savage Arms and sent them the picture. The lady said that the gun looks used and has been shot quite a bit (definitely not testing rounds or lightly). Also recommended that the gun be inspected and tested before I shoot it.

So did they offer to inspect it or ask you to send it back? If all they said was have it inspected on your dime for something you just bought new not very good CS. I would call back again and raise some cane and talk to someone higher up till you get a new rifle from them, or the pay to ship it back and have them give it a once over.

Sorry this happened to you really shitty in my book.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GET JESSIE...Or Maybe Some of Us Can Pay the Place a Visit. Strength In Numbers Type Of Thing...Told Ya..That is Total BS!!

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

os2firefox wrote:

I think I would be having a conversation with the party I bought it from. I believe you asked for and paid for a "New Gun".

Start friendly at first. Escalate as necessary until you either end up with a refund or a NEW rifle.

To paraphrase an old saying, "When someone goes out to buy Oats, they expect them to be fresh and clean, not having made a trip through the horse first".

Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would contact the FFL you bought this through and again explain the situation. Add in what little Savage told you and go from there. If they sold you a used gun as a new gun that's bad. It would be remedied in short order. Unless they want a lot of bad press.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Update:

I went down to West Coast Armory and told them that Savage said the gun looked used. The manager stated that only I think the gun is used and it does not matter what Savage says. His distributor gave him a new gun.

After some talking, my options were 1) to keep the gun as is, 2) get a replacement gun from his distributor, or 3) return the gun and be charged $40 for their mistake.

I went with option 3, because I didn't feel it was right to pay for a new gun and get one that been "shot quite a bit" in Savage's opinion. Also, didn't feel like waiting for so long to get a replacement from the same distributor as it would've taken them 5 weeks to deliver the gun in the condition I paid for (especially with hunting season going on).

Savage, on the other hand, were really nice and asked if I wanted a shipping label to have them inspect it and to make the situation "right". Will definitely be getting a gun from them in the future.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't heard a lot of good things about the storefront in Bellevue. I bought a 91/30 from the Issaquah store a few years back and got a pretty good deal.
Hopefully they will tighten down their QC and give their managers a lesson on being less douchey.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I won't be stepping foot in that place any time soon, if that's how they treat customers.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree...Just took them off My Blogs Store List.... What a bunch of Douche wagons...

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

os2firefox wrote:
Update:

Savage, on the other hand, were really nice and asked if I wanted a shipping label to have them inspect it and to make the situation "right". Will definitely be getting a gun from them in the future.

Why didn't you go for this option? They were offering to pick up the tab for freight and chances are the rifle you would receive back from them would either be brand new or the one you sent back, cleaned up, tested, and perhaps even improved.

I did this with a pistol from a small manufacturer several years ago. The pistol I got back was in perfect condition and shot even better than the one I sent back.

Somehow I find that paying $40 for their error/carelessness (failure to inspect upon receipt) just doesn't make sense. Apparently someone at WCA has their head up their @$$ and doesn't realize that one disgruntled customer can keep 20 more potential customers (or more) from even coming in the door.

Personally, I wouldn't have settled for Option 3. But then again, it's your rifle (or was).

Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:40 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you by chance buy the gun on a CC? if so, fight all the charges.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Did you by chance buy the gun on a CC? if so, fight all the charges.

THIS....

I won't be stepping in there store ever! I am glad you got most of you money back....sometimes its better to cut your losses and move on so I understand why you did what you did. Now head out and find one at a local store you can look over and walk out the door with it that day!

Glad to hear Savage offered to take care of you, that is the way it should be done, and you should expect nothing less.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next