Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Shoulder holster. For .22 revolver long barrel 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Vertical. Something similar to these:

Don't count out your holster just beause it isn't made for a 22 long barrelled revolver. Let me see what you have.

Please let me know what you have and what you want for trade or price.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Moderators, you can move this to some other section, if that makes sense.

I would still most definitely entertain an offer of another shoulder holster. A better one.

But...

I bought this shoulder holster: A "universal" holster. It looked like this, when I took it off the hook at Epic Firearms. Well, basically this one. But in black...

Of course, what I wanted was a vertical.

You may ask why then, I bought this. Well, because it was only 18 dollars. I figured at that price, it was cheap enough for me to dink around with it, to try to come up with something better.

At first, using only their own straps and such, and adjusting it to vertical, in their 'universal' way.... I got it to hang pretty good. Pretty much like this:

But the butt of the pistol really stuck out a lot. No way I could wear that and call it concealed.

I noticed that some of the vertical holsters used that front strap to kind of hold the butt of the gun up against your torso...

So, I removed four of the straps they had. Cut the buckle off of one, and sewed my own strap onto it. Then, sewed my strap back on in the right way.
Attachment:
holster.JPG

My strap is of course, on the left. It holds the handle in, toward my torso. It also acts as the retainer strap. And trigger guard. Works really well.

I put extra stiches in along the red line, to act as a stop against the trigger guard of the revolver, to keep it from falling further down into the holster.

Now this is good for my 22 magnum revolver. Had I not put the stitches through and through where the red line is, this thing fit my C9 perfectly.

But as I said before, I am very confident I can put a bullet just about anywhere I want it to go, with this revolver. And that means more to me in a daily carry, than having bigger bullets. like the 9mm.

I'll practice more with the C9. If I ever get as good with it as this revolver, then that will become my daily carry instead.

Now, the next thing I'd like to try to make a better concealed carry holster from, is something like this...
In black.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moved to a discussion forum so others can comment.

Jeff, if you're still in the market for another holster, feel free to post a separate WTB ad.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Moved to a discussion forum so others can comment.

Jeff, if you're still in the market for another holster, feel free to post a separate WTB ad.

Thank you.

I couldn't move it myself, or I would have.

I'm going to try this out for a while. I do think that if I run across a cheapo version of that last pic above, I'll go for it.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now I am sorry that I wore that galco holster with the C9.

Knowing that at least on me... it hung outward enough, to make itself obvious no matter what I did, or how careful I was.

I wore that to the library the last time I went there. One of the librarians saw it. She gave me a dirty look. I just left fairly quickly.

Today I was in the library again. This time wearing the shoulder rig.

You CAN'T tell that I am wearing that, unless you pay close attention for long enough, and see me move just right, etc. IOW: You'd have to really be looking for it.

Well.... They looked for it.

It was obvious what they were looking for.

And they saw it.

End result is that people who have always been very friendly and vociferous with me... More so than the average 'library customer'... Were all giving me dirty looks tonight. Wouldn't so much as say a word that wasn't forced out of them.

Well, screw it. They probably looked into it after the last time, (I do know these people. They WOULD have looked into whether it was legal, after the one librarian saw it and reported it.)... And found out it is legal. Ergo, the dirty looks and cold shoulder rather than asking me to take it outside and leave it.

I'll continue to carry. In the hope that they become "used to it", and eventually begin to understand that I am still the same person I have been for the 15 years and more, that they have known me. And it's not like I now eat babies for breakfast or something...

Do justice. Love mercy.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:44 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Selador wrote:
I'll continue to carry. In the hope that they become "used to it", and eventually begin to understand that I am still the same person I have been for the 15 years and more, that they have known me. And it's not like I now eat babies for breakfast or something...

Yup, I think that's an excellent plan.

At some point one of them will ask you about it, out of curiosity, and you'll probably have a great conversation.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]