Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:38 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 I5 guns is gone? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kclayton91 told me that my stuff had been sent to the gunsmiths at Bullseye had been the ones to do the work. I contacted them and confirmed that they had my stuff and provided the receipt for the work requested. I showed up today and they provided the rifle and the gunsmiths notes for the work. Work was completed quite some time ago, they simply didn’t know who the rifle belonged to and Tom was not talking to them as well.

If anyone else had work being done on stuff at I5 guns then I’d recommend contacting Bullseye and see if it might have gotten sent to them.

Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NotAMerc wrote:
Kclayton91 told me that my stuff had been sent to the gunsmiths at Bullseye had been the ones to do the work. I contacted them and confirmed that they had my stuff and provided the receipt for the work requested. I showed up today and they provided the rifle and the gunsmiths notes for the work. Work was completed quite some time ago, they simply didn’t know who the rifle belonged to and Tom was not talking to them as well.

If anyone else had work being done on stuff at I5 guns then I’d recommend contacting Bullseye and see if it might have gotten sent to them.

Nice!!!

Sounds like Tom’s a class act…

Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NotAMerc wrote:

Glad you got it back and completed at that.
I hope you are now re paid what you were owed as far as gun and parts.
We should all take note that I5 Guns and the owners are not in the best intrest of the gun community.
If anyone sees or hears about them opening up a new shop? The sirens should blare from one web site to another.

Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can take a clown out of Surplus Ammo but you can't take Surplus Ammo out of a clown.

Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When these people dispose of your property it seldom gets returned. ⁹
I've had it happen years ago and never recovered squat.

Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:
When these people dispose of your property it seldom gets returned. ⁹
I've had it happen years ago and never recovered squat.

That sucks and the reason I do not use smiths. I can figure out how to fix my guns, I can’t figure out which GS to trust.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:23 am

Oh man. I just discovered this thread and hopefully I’m not alone in this hell.

Last February/March, I decided to take the leap and get into the whisper pickle game. I had an AR pistol I never shot so I decided to trade it for my first can. Took it to I5 and traded it for a Sandman S. I was told they had to order it and I would get a call in a couple weeks to start paperwork. Couple weeks goes by and I call - they say there was an issue in the paperwork and they had to submit new forms. I thought this was weird but trusted them. I mean, I had done tons of business with the shop prior to this and never had an issue or reason not to trust them before, why would this be any different?

Fast forward another month. I call - I get told that the serial number for the can was wrong and they had to send it back. I call again in another month. The excuse this time was that they put my name on another can and someone else’s name on my can.

I’m sure you see where this is going…

Fast forward to July. I call Tom to cancel my order and just give me cash. He assured me that it was on its way and I would start paperwork soon. Moreover, he explained that he was “shutting up shop” and will reopen under a new name which will expedite my tax stamp. Silly me for letting him convince me…

He said it would be two more weeks. So I wait. Two weeks later I call and his phone is disconnected. I go to the shop and it’s closed up. I look online and it says “permanently closed.” I have called the same number for five months to hopefully get an answer (literally the definition of insanity) with obviously no result.

I’m at a loss here and honestly don’t know what my next steps are especially considering I never even got to start paperwork due to Tom’s different BS excuses.

Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Brad.

Sorry we had to meet under these circumstances. :frust:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bradanglin22 I sent you a PM

Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:54 pm

Call the cops and report him for Theft of Firearm and Fraud.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m not sure where the line between incompetence and dishonesty is, but I think it is right around here.

Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
I’m not sure where the line between incompetence and dishonesty is, but I think it is right around here.

Yep, he’s had plenty of time to start making things right…

Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Truly disappointing, I supported that shop how I could in the beginning and recommended them. Sad to see indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:47 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

bradanglin22 wrote:
Oh man. I just discovered this thread and hopefully I’m not alone in this hell.

Last February/March, I decided to take the leap and get into the whisper pickle game. I had an AR pistol I never shot so I decided to trade it for my first can. Took it to I5 and traded it for a Sandman S. I was told they had to order it and I would get a call in a couple weeks to start paperwork. Couple weeks goes by and I call - they say there was an issue in the paperwork and they had to submit new forms. I thought this was weird but trusted them. I mean, I had done tons of business with the shop prior to this and never had an issue or reason not to trust them before, why would this be any different?

Fast forward another month. I call - I get told that the serial number for the can was wrong and they had to send it back. I call again in another month. The excuse this time was that they put my name on another can and someone else’s name on my can.

I’m sure you see where this is going…

Fast forward to July. I call Tom to cancel my order and just give me cash. He assured me that it was on its way and I would start paperwork soon. Moreover, he explained that he was “shutting up shop” and will reopen under a new name which will expedite my tax stamp. Silly me for letting him convince me…

He said it would be two more weeks. So I wait. Two weeks later I call and his phone is disconnected. I go to the shop and it’s closed up. I look online and it says “permanently closed.” I have called the same number for five months to hopefully get an answer (literally the definition of insanity) with obviously no result.

I’m at a loss here and honestly don’t know what my next steps are especially considering I never even got to start paperwork due to Tom’s different BS excuses.
Did you ever see, get a copy of, submit, any Form 4?

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
07/02 NFA Dealer

http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi.....Based on the info in his post, there was no paper at all. He mentioned being told he would be contacted to do paperwork after a few weeks and that's it.
Yeah, he's really hung out there.
He can report the firearm "stolen", but once it hit I-5's book it's gone without any paperwork on the trade or conditions, but you already know that.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next