Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Thurston County Gun Turn-In 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is literally close to home...

Sheriff's Office hosting ammunition, firearms disposal event in January
Quote:
The Thurston County Sheriff's Office is hosting an event for the public to bring any unwanted firearms, ammunition or expired prescription drugs for disposal next month.

The department's first firearms and ammunition disposal event will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 19 at the McLane Black Lake Fire Department, 125 Delphi Road N.W.

Unwanted or expired prescription drugs can also be brought for disposal that day.

The Olympia/Thurston County CrimeStoppers will be at the fire station for those interested in the child identification program.

The Sheriff's Office will have free gun locks on hand for those who need to secure their firearms at home. The county's dive rescue and SWAT team will have equipment on display.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/12/29/2 ... rylink=cpy

I am thinking we need to get foothills and K&E down there with a table to help get those guns off the street and back into law abiding collectors hands.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can we do that? will / can we set up outside this facility and intercept guns? Id give up $$$ or time so i dont have to see innocent toys destroyed

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Public property, I don't see how they can stop us from standing there holding signs saying "cash for guns" free speech, plus no law against private sales. Worst case, direct people off the property for the transaction in case the cops get bitchy. But I don't see how they could kick people off the property either.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's public property and private sales are legal.... So yes, you can.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Be nice if we could intercept everything legal

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I need more info, ill buy some guns.

Heck, if they are expecting people to hand them over for free, then $20 should be plenty to buy a gun.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just don't try to get any Oxycontin thrown into the deal. :thumbsup2:

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suspect a respectable, organized secondary purchasing group with better payout range might be well recieved at least by the turner inners???

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They aren't offering any compensation at all.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:51 pm

I'm on for showing up!!

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would be willing to lend my wallet for this noble cause.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Id be more than happy to provide $$ to get an FFL there or $$ to pay for turn ins. could man the post as well.

My question is do we have any data on what has been turned in for free in the past to see if its worth attempting this??

Any ideas on if the sheriff would work with us if we were the ones to put up dollars, my thinking is that it may pull in more evil guns than the unpiad turn in they are attempting. They would get more free press than we would especially if $$ were involved

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:30 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I am in lets do it

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

CHECK OUT OUR NEW ESTORE
WE can take credit cards plus 3%
I AM AN FFL/NFA DEALER. EVERYTHING I SELL HAS PAPERWORK REQUIRED AND I AM FORCED TO CHARGE SALES TAX

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

guarenteed the LE agency will try to pull some "you cant be here" intimidation stunt... atleast until the cameras come out.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'M IN, TOO. Do we, like, camp out a la pre Apple Iphone launch or black Friday sale type of deal ?

WA GUNS BUY BACK PROGRAM BAR B Q AND CAMP OUT SESSION - WINNING !!!!!

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 210 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next