Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

assualtish rifle wet dream

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:58 pm

recently i was at a pawn shop on highway 99 and checking stuff out and saw a ruger mini 14. before that id only heard of them from the movie felon. reading about them they look pretty bitchin. accurate, reliable, have a ton of aftermarket parts and shoot .223. i like how its a little more substantial than the ar and a little less main stream. maybe for a reason tho? heres a link to the gun i was thinking about buyinghttp://www.ruger.com/products/mini14TacticalRifle/models.html. was wondeing what everybodies thoughts were on that platform.

Re: assualtish rifle wet dream

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:04 pm

Fantastic rifles. If you want to shoot an original stainless mini-14 ranch just let me know.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:15 pm

On my short list of "Guns I want to Own".. Just have to make sure you get the model (I think it's the Ranch) that allows the use of a scope.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:18 pm

i kinda messed up on the link.http://www.ruger.com/products/mini14TacticalRifle/models.html but it comes with scope mounts and something to deflect the ejected shells.

Re: assault-ish rifle wet dream

Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 pm

My stainless Mini-14 looked like that when I got it. I took the ATI stock off and replaced it with a Hogue overmolded rubber stock, which I like a lot more. Plus I was able to sell the ATI stock for $100, so that was a plus. I got the Hogue stock for $80 (with three 30 round magazines in the deal), so all totaled I made $20 to swap out the stock and got three free magazines. The Hogue stock also gives you an extra inch LOP which is nice for me. Given the choice between an AR & a Mini-14, I'm pretty sure I'd choose the Ruger. It has fewer parts (less to go wrong), is a blow back design instead of gas impingement (less cleaning is required, and less fussy about the cleaning), no tools to take down, and can be field stripped in about 30 seconds. The single only problem I've ever had with a Mini-14 was with my current blued one where the firing pin either broke the first time I tried to fire it, or broke on the last round fired by the previous owner. In any case, he replaced it for free. I've owned three of them, and I also have a Mini-30 (which I'm getting ready to sell), and I wish I'd never traded my original one, but such is life.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:40 pm

HEre's my unmolested 180 series...they're a hoot to shoot and can be fairly accurate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:48 pm

i owend on with the ATI stock and yes i would fire ammo that my AR would not even think of shooting i loved that rifle the only reason i traded it was to get his very older brother the m1 garand same rifle just newer and 223 or 762x39 all kinds of stuff you can do to it. i will get another one and the price you had on that like is WAY over priced you can pick one up for about $650 to $700
Post a reply