Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523 ... 881  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rafman wrote:
Took the WaGuns AR out to the range today to try it out. Performed flawlessly, wife enjoyed hitting the steel plate that is out about 130 yards.

:rockout:

Did you explain to her that YOU won the rifle, and SHE did not? If so, did that make any difference?

You may have just lost a rifle....

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Rafman wrote:
Took the WaGuns AR out to the range today to try it out. Performed flawlessly, wife enjoyed hitting the steel plate that is out about 130 yards.

Did you explain to her that YOU won the rifle, and SHE did not? If so, did that make any difference?

HaHa.... yeah she knows the deal. Plus she’s has her own that she will not give up. She has a Daniel Defense V7 and my first attempt at building an AR was this past November/December and built her an 18in 223 Wylde using an Aero build kit. :thumbsup2:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:06 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rafman wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Rafman wrote:

HaHa.... yeah she knows the deal. Plus she’s has her own that she will not give up. She has a Daniel Defense V7 and my first attempt at building an AR was this past November/December and built her an 18in 223 Wylde using an Aero build kit. :thumbsup2:

Did you drop that new trigger in there before taking it out?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rafman wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How awesome is that!!!!??? :bigsmile: :rockout: :handload: :pray:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brought home another nother nother nother nother nother nother nother 10/22.
In a beautiful m1 carbine style stock, for 175.

And another AR10 lower.
And started assembling the lower. Missing takedown pin detents. Dammit.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rafman wrote:

mag gripping - https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... -magazine/

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
Rafman wrote:

mag gripping - https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... -magazine/

Yeah, I caught that when i posted the pic. She normally does not do that. She was trying shooting by leaning over the bench instead of shooting sitting down at the bench. She is short, so depending on where we are shooting she needs to adjust the seat down so she can plant her feet but then the table is too high. Short girl problems! about 5 rounds after she realized this position was not working for her and decided to sit and shoot. Good article, I'm going to show her.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Rafman wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Rafman wrote:

Did you drop that new trigger in there before taking it out?

After picking it up, work has been crazy so I have not had a moment to install. I plan on tackling the trigger on Monday since its a no work day.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So......aero lower doesn't play well with the pa10 upper, with a standard mag release.
PSA is out of stock. Fuckityfuckfuck

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

buy a aero upper

and 308 is not a standard

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Already have compete pa upper. So gotta get the lower to match when they're back in stock.
So., For now... Build aero 6.5 creedmore upper ? I think so.
Still gotta save pennies for the POF upper to match the other lower........AFTER I get an AUG.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered pa10 lower.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally got my Arizona non resident concealed carry permit back. It took just under 6 weeks, but worth the wait. I can now carry legally in every state I have to travel to for work. Sweet.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:03 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TwizDD wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
TwizDD wrote:
Shot Speed Steel at Paul Bunyan, first match without the kid (he decided he didn't want to brave the shitty weather this morning). I took 1st and 3rd overall, 1st in PCC and 1st in Rimfire Rifle Optic. My 1st overall :bigsmile:

Nicely done!

I'm sure you missed the kid not being there, but you may have been able to concentrate better :bigsmile:

Missed Dom for sure! I've been chasing him around to matches for the last 4 years, but only started shooting them with him just over a year ago. Was not the same without him there today. I'd take 2nd to have him there any day :bigsmile:

I'm still catching up from taking January off...
This may be my favorite post yet for 2018. :cheers2:

Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crawled down the rabbit hole of crime and firearm statistics...you know, just so I have the facts when I challenge the garbage being spewed by the anti-2A crowd.

I'm working on compiling all the data I can collect into one Excel workbook. The FBI and DOJ have it on the web, but it's all over the place. Once I have a document I feel is worth sharing, I'll post it.

However, I came across this little nugget from 2013 that I thought was worth posting now:
https://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/gun-violence/pages/aquired.aspx
Quote:
Surveys of offenders have found that they prefer newer, high-quality guns and may steal or borrow them; most, however, acquire guns “off the street” through the illicit gun market.

You mean criminals don't submit to background checks to get their firearms legally? You don't say!

Spoiler: show
Fuck 594

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523 ... 881  Next