Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:46 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 MSN makes the case for new Marine weaponry! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seem the Marines want need 300 win-mags, .338 Lapuas, .50's :snipersmilie:

And why not?! :flag:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-the-marines-have-failed-to-adopt-a-new-sniper-rifle-in-the-past-14-years/ar-BBl6vtd?ocid=HPCDHP

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the Marines closed their PWS they'd have enough money to buy the 300 Win Mag or .338 Lapua Mag rifles "Off the Shelf".

Maybe even enough to purchase the AI version that the "Brit's" use. Maybe even some Barrett 50 cals.

As long as the Marines insist on "being different" they'll always be behind the curve in equipment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Govt Red tape at its best...

Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
If the Marines closed their PWS they'd have enough money to buy the 300 Win Mag or .338 Lapua Mag rifles "Off the Shelf".

Maybe even enough to purchase the AI version that the "Brit's" use. Maybe even some Barrett 50 cals.

As long as the Marines insist on "being different" they'll always be behind the curve in equipment.

This shows me you don't know shit about shit. The USMC gets such a small budget only after the Navy takes what it wants. I never saw new anything . Most of the equipment was used Army stuff.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is all budget related.

Marine's have always filled a different role. Small but highly used in all major and minor conflicts.

:patriot:

*side note
Ever wonder why the SEALS and Special Operations have all the latest fun toys. They have their own budget line... Not buried in some other's budget.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And when we finally leave the sand boxes behind and have to deploy to some other terrain environment, everyone will find a reason to change their sniper rifle...again!
Probably back to 308... And probably because the rifle and all the ammo needed is to heavy to carry 10-20 klicks on foot, through the woods.

And the Marines will ahead of that change cause they never get rid of anything...they just put it in storage.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

H2obouget wrote:
And when we finally leave the sand boxes behind and have to deploy to some other terrain environment, everyone will find a reason to change their sniper rifle...again!
Probably back to 308... And probably because the rifle and all the ammo needed is to heavy to carry 10-20 klicks on foot, through the woods.

And the Marines will ahead of that change cause they never get rid of anything...they just put it in storage.

LOL :yes: true story . I remember seeing racks of M-14's and boxes of 1911's that they were holding incase . I had one Co that kept the Berettas in the racks and issued out the old 1911's :bigsmile:

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MSN is the go to place for weapons recommendations.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marine3%er wrote:
This shows me you don't know shit about shit. The USMC gets such a small budget only after the Navy takes what it wants. I never saw new anything . Most of the equipment was used Army stuff.

:plusone:
The Corps has tried replacing the M40 in the past. They wanted it replaced in the mid 90's. The Bureaucrats decided they could upgrade the system for much cheaper (new stocks, new optics). In the 90's, our "fast attack vehicles" were Vietnam era Jeeps. Along those same lines, they've been trying to replace the Humvee for years also. "the most with the least" is no shit in the Corps. Why do think dads were buying issued armor on the black market for their kids over in the sand box? Because the USMC couldn't issue it to all of the troops they had deployed due to the budget restrictions of Dept of the Navy. Never been a priority to the Navy and will always be left fighting over their scraps.

"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now ... as I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marines got a usable uniform long before any other service. Priorities, man.

While Marines could effectively hide behind just about any tree or shrub, the Army could only hide behind things in gray.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]