Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Guns in Fred Meyer's.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Remember too, selling a gun is more time and paperwork intensive now then it was back in the mythical "good old days" many stores probably don't want to devote the added labor expense if they can't sell enough to cover the bother. The days of pulling an enfield out of a barrel, paying for it and walking out are gone and so is the minimal labor cost of that transaction.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:37 am

I wish there was some sort of "Shall-Issue" Firearms "Card" that would make buying all guns easier. Just walk in, show the card, lay out the cash, and walk out. Of course you would not need the card to buy any gun. It would be easy to acquire too. Just another one of my dumb ideas anyway.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FMJ 911 wrote:
I wish there was some sort of "Shall-Issue" Firearms "Card" that would make buying all guns easier. Just walk in, show the card, lay out the cash, and walk out. Of course you would not need the card to buy any gun. It would be easy to acquire too. Just another one of my dumb ideas anyway.

It's never taken me more than 10-15 minutes extra to buy a firearm due to paperwork. I have a CPL so I don't have to wait when I buy a pistol.

I just fill out the 4473 and while they are calling for approval I usually use that time to pick out my next firearm purchase or gather some supplies.

Buying a firearm should not be like picking up a gallon of milk at the 7-11. It should be an experience one should savor.:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now just imagine if Costco was "pro-gun"

Man... BULK ammo would have a whole new meaning. :thumbsup2:

"Also I'll take that 3 gun combo special" :ROFLMAO:

And 4 of the 10 pack of magazines for them! :bigsmile:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just think of all the elections we can buy if we had Costco on our side!

Seriously though, I gladly pay the extra money to go to the LGS and shoot the shit over my lunch hours. (I tend to stop by once a week to look over new stock or just drink some terrible coffee. I guess building up a relationship with the guy who sells you your bang sticks, is not worth losing for a lower price from a bulk sales big box store.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Hmmm.

Frankly, I see guns in Fred Meyer's & Wal-Mart as a good thing - another step in the "Normalization of the gun". There will always be fringe lunatic anti-gunners, but as long as the average Jack and Jill see guns as something sort of normal, we're OK.

Besides, I don't see buying guns from the LGS and from a chain/Internet outlet as mutually exclusive.

• LGS in Sequim: 3
  • LGS in Bremerton: 1
  • Chain (Wholesale Sports, Silverdale): 9
  • Internet store (Bud's): 13
  • Internet police supply: 4
  • Internet Auction: 2
  • Pawn Shop: 1
  • Gun Show: 1

We should note that my LGS made $25 on 19 of those transactions. $475 net profit from just one customer goes a long way towards keeping the lights on.

In fact, I had a heart-to-heart talk with the LGS owner a while back and asked her if she'd prefer my coming in and giving her a chance to sell me my next new WhizBang 40. So, we compared her cost to my cost and her response was "Keep doing what you're doing and I'll make $25 every time and we're good."

FYI, twice I've gone into the LGS to pick up a new gun I'd ordered on the Internet and while I was waiting on their phone call I spotted something the LGS had that went home with us, too.

FYI #2, if all goes according to plan, I'll be ordering my next gun factory direct.

Ain't no such thing as a girl too pretty, a car too fast, or too many guns.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Albert Einstein

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BURLINGTON FREDDIE'S HAS GUNS!!!

I was shocked...the guy at the counter said they'd had 'em for about 2 weeks now. It's just a small counter, but I saw a G20, a Remington R1 Stainless (no shit...didn't even think to look at what they were asking for it), an R-15, and a Mossberg Mariner. The guy working there didn't really seem like a "gun guy", but that's not always a bad thing either.

Anywho, there's that.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't forget, Obama has been the best thing to happen to Gun Sales since WW-II. With all the increase in Firearm sales these retailers all want to cash in on the business.

With time we'll all be able to stop at the 7-11 or Safeway for Milk, Bread, and a box of ammo for the pistol. Probably all have "Coupon Specials" too. :thumbsup2:

I guess I'm old enough where I just see this as a return to what was normal as I was growing up. Now if they'd just bring back the old $25 SXS Shotguns and $50 pump action .22 Rifles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Believe it or Not, Target was founded as a sporting goods store. It has been over run By Cheap Yuppie Crap. The First one I went into in Morrison, Colorado, Circe 1982, had everything a red blooded outdoorsman could want...Now they dont even sell gun magazines...

NRA Life Member-Since 1983
Life Member-North American Hunting Club
Life Member-National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association
Founder-Crusaders Motorcycle Ministries

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
Now just imagine if Costco was "pro-gun"

Man... BULK ammo would have a whole new meaning. :thumbsup2:

"Also I'll take that 3 gun combo special" :ROFLMAO:

And 4 of the 10 pack of magazines for them! :bigsmile:

I'm holding out for Amazon.com overnight shipping for $3.99? yes please.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OlympicFox wrote:
Hmmm.

Frankly, I see guns in Fred Meyer's & Wal-Mart as a good thing - another step in the "Normalization of the gun". There will always be fringe lunatic anti-gunners, but as long as the average Jack and Jill see guns as something sort of normal, we're OK.

Besides, I don't see buying guns from the LGS and from a chain/Internet outlet as mutually exclusive.

• LGS in Sequim: 3
  • LGS in Bremerton: 1
  • Chain (Wholesale Sports, Silverdale): 9
  • Internet store (Bud's): 13
  • Internet police supply: 4
  • Internet Auction: 2
  • Pawn Shop: 1
  • Gun Show: 1

We should note that my LGS made $25 on 19 of those transactions. $475 net profit from just one customer goes a long way towards keeping the lights on.

In fact, I had a heart-to-heart talk with the LGS owner a while back and asked her if she'd prefer my coming in and giving her a chance to sell me my next new WhizBang 40. So, we compared her cost to my cost and her response was "Keep doing what you're doing and I'll make $25 every time and we're good."

FYI, twice I've gone into the LGS to pick up a new gun I'd ordered on the Internet and while I was waiting on their phone call I spotted something the LGS had that went home with us, too.

FYI #2, if all goes according to plan, I'll be ordering my next gun factory direct.

May I ask what and where is LGS?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Local Gun Store I think... unless he means Lesbian-Gay Surplus. :4couple:

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.Oster wrote:
Local Gun Store I think... unless he means Lesbian-Gay Surplus. :4couple:

unless he's posting from cap hill it doesn't mean lesbian-gay surplus, and it certainly means local gun store

:ROFLMAO:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

my buddy says the snohomish fred meyers has a gun section also..

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was in the Bremerton Freddie's last night and noticed their new gun display. I apparently forgot to snap a photo of the shotguns, rifles, and ammo, but they've got those too. Ammo prices aren't great, but definitely convenient if you're in a hurry. They've also got cleaning supplies, targets, and gun cases.

Last edited by kalopsia on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next