Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Modified Glocks 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like my glocks for what they are. I could never, ever fathom spending $2000 on a glock instead of a Les Baer or Wilson plus a few more Benjamins. I have seen these pistols on armslist for months and not being sold. Just my $.02, to each their own.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 pm

Tax return came back super fast so I went and bought the Combat Package work to be done. Ended up spending about $1,100 because I found a coupon code for 10% off. Now I gotta send them my G19, and wait 5 months... :crybaby:

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like my glocks for what they are, inexpensive, always work, utilitarian, adaptable within the brand. Dont get me wrong i like some small alterations to suit my likes but i cant even imagine what someone could possibly do to them that is worth $1100 bucks. How many man hours exactly does that kind of dough buy ??? I like to make things mine and i appreciate cool and different stuff but this is nothing ill ever be doing.

I do like and appreciate what folks do to thier toys so be sure to post up when its done

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:09 pm

toys in the toybox wrote:
I like my glocks for what they are, inexpensive, always work, utilitarian, adaptable within the brand. Dont get me wrong i like some small alterations to suit my likes but i cant even imagine what someone could possibly do to them that is worth $1100 bucks. How many man hours exactly does that kind of dough buy ??? I like to make things mine and i appreciate cool and different stuff but this is nothing ill ever be doing.

I do like and appreciate what folks do to thier toys so be sure to post up when its done

There is.r&d on the housemade parts. Also factor in that they arnt making a million of them so that means they need to recoup the hours on the r&d

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I understand there is R&D costs etc but for the price it would seem easier to make a pig from pig parts instead of elephant parts. Like making a middleman where there is no need for one

I would think that making the parts you need in the first place would be a far cheaper exercise, none of it is rocket science. Lone wolf has made thier own version, have the factory option to add a few more goodies, a bit more milling on a slide to customer specs and im still not at $1600 in my head

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:28 pm

toys in the toybox wrote:
I understand there is R&D costs etc but for the price it would seem easier to make a pig from pig parts instead of elephant parts. Like making a middleman where there is no need for one

I would think that making the parts you need in the first place would be a far cheaper exercise, none of it is rocket science. Lone wolf has made thier own version, have the factory option to add a few more goodies, a bit more milling on a slide to customer specs and im still not at $1600 in my head

I can totally understand your point of view as I struggled with whether this was worth the money or not. In the end I decided that FOR ME, the type of asthetic and the changes in shooting dynamic of the TTI glock was worth it to me. I thought about getting the slide milled out seperatley and getting a upgraded trigger kit and changing out the recoil spring etc. but I wanted to take the guesswork out and just get a package from a reputable shop that had done all the R&D already. Also, getting a package from TTI means that they would back it up with their warranty since the Glaock warranty would be void.

That said, this is going to be a onetime thing as I wanted a custom glock for myself but don't think I'll want or need another one in the future. Maybe a STI 2011 in 9mm tho.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:59 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I considered getting a 92FS modified by Wilson Combat. Just because. I see your reason. Most people are satisfied with swapping out a few drop in parts on the glock. Myself included. Let us know how it runs. And bring it to a shoot. Every hater will want to try it.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I saw these ones at SHOT this year and ended up buying a few. They are basically a bone stock G19 that has the slide and barrel treated with a NiB coating. I liked the look of the relief cut version and mostly bought them so I could buy one from myself for a fun EDC gun. They are pretty close to the price of a stock G19, so it's a fun way to start and you can then upgrade the trigger or other things as you see fit. Glocks are fun like that.

About, facebook, twitter, wiki

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^^^ those are pretty sweet and unique pieces, I got to fondle them. I need more pistols like a need a few more holes in my head.

I like variations and unique pieces and glock provides some every now and then. I found one of my unicorns this last year, one of 100 made by the factory not an aftermarket job. I have a few rarer versions as well and will always appreciate more but $1000 versions will never grace the safe in my single wide white trash world

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Andy23 wrote:
I can totally understand your point of view as I struggled with whether this was worth the money or not.

I don't struggle with worth or value nearly as much as I used to. I have things that I own that have very little monetary value but a ton of sentimental value. With few exceptions, almost everything goes down in value once it's used. Nics, dings, wear... It all eventually devalues items so there's little need to be worried about it. Besides, the value comes in with the experience. Showing friends, talking about it at the range, holding it, firing it... That's where the value comes in and it's a value that can't be measured.

Love the gun and love what you're doing to it. Let us see it when you get it back!

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

price on Used Glocks

STOCK GEN 4 - 450.00

STIPPLED GEN 4 - 300.00

just because someone stippled it doesn't make it worth more

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
price on Used Glocks

STOCK GEN 4 - 450.00

STIPPLED GEN 4 - 300.00

Can you point me to a couple of stippled Gen4s in .40 or 9mm for $300 ea? I'd like a couple more at that price. :thumbsup2:

Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EmbraceTheEdge wrote:
Andy23 wrote:
I can totally understand your point of view as I struggled with whether this was worth the money or not.

I don't struggle with worth or value nearly as much as I used to. I have things that I own that have very little monetary value but a ton of sentimental value. With few exceptions, almost everything goes down in value once it's used. Nics, dings, wear... It all eventually devalues items so there's little need to be worried about it. Besides, the value comes in with the experience. Showing friends, talking about it at the range, holding it, firing it... That's where the value comes in and it's a value that can't be measured.

Love the gun and love what you're doing to it. Let us see it when you get it back!

+1000

I really appreciate the wisdom and truth in these words. Thank you for stating that so eloquently ETE!.

Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:15 pm

Ops wrote:
price on Used Glocks

STOCK GEN 4 - 450.00

STIPPLED GEN 4 - 300.00

There's always someone who just has to make these comments on the modified Glock threads.

The bottom line is nobody bought a Glock for an investment. We bought them for shooters, EDC guns, or game guns. There are modifications available that makes the gun better for each of those purposes, but may cost some resale value. New sights, target barrel and a trigger will make the gun more accurate for a target gun. Glocks are slick and stippling makes the gun easier to grip, and doesn't cling to clothing or add width like the tape solutions do. Lightened slides and magwells can improve your stage times.

If i'm using a gun every day or every weekend, and I can change something to make that more enjoyable, then the value of that enjoyment is far higher than the lost resale value.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:07 pm

I was finally able to send my G19 to Taran Tactical on Monday via FedEx. FedEx requires firearms to be shipped via their priority overnight service which cost me $58 w/ USAA discount. The gun got to a Taran on Tuesday just fine but when I sent it off the FedEx guy didn't even ask me what was in the box, I could've saved a little bit of money by sending it two day.. oh well.

Now that my gun is in the queue the waiting begins for real, they said about 18 weeks.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next