Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Serializing a 80% lower 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
How about a simple question. I have an ar10 I built on an 80 percent lower. If I die WTF does the wife do with it?

Under federal law, she does the same that you would/could do with it. She becomes the legal owner of a homemade firearm. In case of a transfer in Washington she'd need to keep 594 in mind, and in the box for S/N enter “no serial number,” “NSN,” or “none visible” on the Form 4473.

Just don't die Matt. Solves that problem.

594 reference here ... this is a simple interfamilial transfer so what does 594 have to do with anything?

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:39 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

SporkBoy wrote:
PMB wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
How about a simple question. I have an ar10 I built on an 80 percent lower. If I die WTF does the wife do with it?

Under federal law, she does the same that you would/could do with it. She becomes the legal owner of a homemade firearm. In case of a transfer in Washington she'd need to keep 594 in mind, and in the box for S/N enter “no serial number,” “NSN,” or “none visible” on the Form 4473.

Just don't die Matt. Solves that problem.

594 reference here ... this is a simple interfamilial transfer so what does 594 have to do with anything?

That was in reference to if she wanted to sell/transfer it.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:58 pm

The definitions are pretty clear.

Section 921(a)(10),defines a “manufacturer” as any person engaged in the business of manufacturing firearms or ammunition for purposes of sale or distribution.

As defined by section 921(a)(21)(A), the term“engaged in the business” means, as applied to a manufacturer of firearms, “a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to manufacturing firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the sale or distribution of the firearms manufactured.”

You can make something without you being a manufacturer. If you start selling them without a 07 FFL then you are breaking the law, but you can make all the firearms you want for your own personal use.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3