Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Browning buckmarks 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Talk to me about this little pistol. Ive been wanting a .22 pistol for awhile so im looking at picking one up. I know for sure i want the threaded barrel so i can eventually buy a suppressor. I want the pros and cons prices etc

Albert Einstein

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My kid has been shooting a Lite Green model for 3 or 4 years in Speed Steel matches. He ran it bone stock with mixed results for a year, then we started slowly racing it out. It has been very reliable as long as its cleaned as is extremely accurate running Aguila Super Extra. My biggest complaints would be: small parts that are easy to loose when removing grips (grips help hold said small parts in place). Also, mostly optic related, but removing the top strap off to thoroughly clean, requires a re-sight in once it's reassembled, and those allen head screws tend to strip pretty easy. Lastly, if you run ammo that has excess wax on the nose of the bullets (Aguila), it will rub on the front of the mag and build up to the point where the wax gets thick enough to bind the rounds up in the mag. We came up with a very quick way to fix that little issue. We use a piece of carpet tile and take that wax off, have never had an issue since. Kinda over priced IMO, but good guns if you know their little quirks.

"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now ... as I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:38 pm

I had one, shot very nicely. Was gifted a Ruger Mk3 so the Browning and Smith 22a got sold. I bought the Browning over the Ruger originally , if you read enough online it is pretty much a Ford/Chevy/Dodge thing. Everyone thinks the one they have is best. Biggest common complaint was cleaning, but somewhat easier than the Ruger...maybe.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a threaded barrel buckmark. Great 22! Never had any problems with it

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

great little plinker. Totally reliable with even the shittiest ammo. I would buy mine again.

Divided we fall.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RadioSquatch wrote:
Talk to me about this little pistol. Ive been wanting a .22 pistol for awhile so im looking at picking one up. I know for sure i want the threaded barrel so i can eventually buy a suppressor. I want the pros and cons prices etc

cons of the Buckmark suppressed - it's a bit louder due to ejection port pop with the slide open on both sides, compared to a Ruger Mk-series, and the slide makes a high pitched "tink" noise that is noticeable over the suppressed shot noise.

Other than that, they're great little guns, and I really like mine.

Also be aware there are two (or maybe more now?) different frames for these - the rubber finger groove gripped models have a different frame than those with hard plastic side panels, so those two grip styles are not interchangeable.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They are great 22s! I own three and it is one of my favorite suppressor hosts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good point on the different frames, I had to look pretty hard to find aftermarket grips for the Lite.
Here's a pretty good break down on the different frames.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656529#/topics/656529?page=1

"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now ... as I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought one recently. The trigger job done here locally after purchase had some initial problems, just had gunsmith adjust it and should be reliable now. Just need to get to the range and start using it :)

One thing I noticed is last year Browning had a fairly small number of threaded barrel factory models. Looked at their website again a week or two ago and noticed their suppressor ready offerings have really expanded this year with several new models. Choice is good :bigsmile:

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]