Switch to full style
SBR's, AOW's, Suppressors, MG's etc.

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.
Post a reply

What the hell - SBR Form 1 Rejected

Wed May 27, 2015 8:14 pm

Just got this. What did I do wrong? Image

Re: What the hell

Wed May 27, 2015 8:27 pm

There is no rcw 9.91.190.
And if they meant 9.41.190....they left out the word "acquire"... Which making your own...would be a means to acquire something.
Last edited by H2obouget on Wed May 27, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Ditto. Interesting turn of events. Anyone know more?

Wed May 27, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm seeing multiple other reports of rejected apps as well from Facebook groups.

Wed May 27, 2015 8:35 pm

same here

Wed May 27, 2015 8:37 pm

This is VERY interesting...I'm going to keep a close eye on this. Thanks for sharing.

Wed May 27, 2015 8:40 pm

Call them first thing in the morning. and ask what the got this. Heres the number ATF's NFA Branch at 304 616-4500

Wed May 27, 2015 8:41 pm

lunacite wrote:I'm seeing multiple other reports of rejected apps as well from Facebook groups.

Local WA groups or national groups

Wed May 27, 2015 8:44 pm

Like in the what pissed me off thread...how can they respond with reasons for a disprove with two questions..?

Or am I reading it wrong.

Wed May 27, 2015 8:49 pm

The agent has the initials TC, I can't read the rest of the signature... are they all from the same agent? Why would it be sent so late at night? Weird...

Wed May 27, 2015 8:49 pm

As H2Obouget pointed out, the message doesn't make a lot of sense. The RCW in question (9.41.190) explicitly prohibits the manufacture of SBRs in Section 1, but in Section 2 it says that SBRs acquired in accordance with Federal Law are not unlawful. And since manufacturing a SBR is federally acceptable, I see no reason why the BATFE (DOJ?) would find a problem with manufacturing SBRs due to the RCW.

Wed May 27, 2015 8:53 pm

Same here thing here, I plan to call first thing in the morning. Note I had the same inspector.

-Joel
Last edited by TimmyF on Wed May 27, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Guns4Liberty wrote:As H2Obouget pointed out, the message doesn't make a lot of sense. The RCW in question (9.41.190) explicitly prohibits the manufacture of SBRs in Section 1, but in Section 2 it says that SBRs acquired in accordance with Federal Law are not unlawful. And since manufacturing a SBR is federally acceptable, I see no reason why the BATFE (DOJ?) would find a problem with manufacturing SBRs due to the RCW.
So I have to go out of state with this build? File the transfer of NFA item across state lines form?

Wed May 27, 2015 9:00 pm

What did you submit on you're form 1?

Wed May 27, 2015 9:01 pm

Just got the same thing here at about 2144. What the hell? So others have been approved but us unlucky few who happened to be examined tonight got the selective interpretation of an agent?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post a reply