Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:04 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Re: darrington,wa pits 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We got to go shooting for a couple of hours yesterday.
It would of been nice to spend more time up there. Maso has a 380 Ruger LCP and loves it.
Ed and his brother met up up there. They brought their electric clay pigeon thrower. Ed and Mason are go at hitting them. I think I'll pick one up when I get paid. It sure beats the hell out of throwing them by hand.
Not one pice of brass on the ground but I did get to pick n up around eight gallons of spent shotgun hulls.
I did buy fifteen pounds of brass from a guy that picks up brass.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:
There was a guy at the pit before we got there and he picked up about five gallons of brass and left.
We picked up seventeen pounds.
We were getting ready to leave and three tweekes came and picked up all of the 22lr, 22mag and 17HMR brass.
I have to send 4,000 pieces of 223 to a guy in New York.
The 9mm is really stacking up.

I haven’t seen a brasswhores in my pit in months, I sent him on his way with the thought that there was nothing here for him, ever.
I picked this up two Saturdays ago up on the big hill out of Porter, took me five hours to pick it all up. That pic usually finish total and I threw 7 pounds of damaged cases into the recycle bucket. I was a hurt puppy after that episode.

Attachment:
9206565E-19B8-4FDF-BCBB-2A37AB82EC45.jpeg

Attachment:
37668B88-A14E-4D58-98E8-D6A50A8FFE66.jpeg

I must’ve had a live round (22lr)go off while drying them in the convection oven at 225°, I didn’t hear it. And didn’t really find anything out of the ordinary but did notice it when I was using the pan the other day for this batch.

Attachment:
F04A4169-2512-4B56-A443-1F71865D54E1.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:36 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Caveman Jim wrote:
I must’ve had a live round (22lr)go off while drying them in the convection oven at 225°, I didn’t hear it. And didn’t really find anything out of the ordinary but did notice it when I was using the pan the other day for this batch.

:ROFLMAO:

Well, I don't really think it's conclusive based on that photo. Do you mind doing some more scientific testing on this topic?

Thanks. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like doing the range brass.
I tumbled the 223 last night, it was really dirty.
I'll probably wet tumble the 9mm next weekend.

Do you weigh your brass when you get home?

Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

:ROFLMAO:

Well, I don't really think it's conclusive based on that photo. Do you mind doing some more scientific testing on this topic?

Thanks. :bigsmile:

Well Steve I don’t normally do scientific stuff, I sure as hell did when I was a kid though(I wonder how this works)… :bigsmile:
This is the inside of the pan if that helps
Attachment:
2A0EF213-68D7-4E51-9B56-1CD598466165.jpeg

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Patrick, I only weigh up when there is a bucket full, just for shits n giggles. :thumbsup2:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This past weekend was full with domestic stuff.
We will try to get out on Saturday. If that doesn't work we will get out on Sunday.

Tue May 02, 2023 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sunday was a lone star day. Mason went out to buy some schools cloths went I went to the pit late yesterday afternoon.
Both pits were occupied so I took a little ride down to the river . When I went back to the pit the people in the upper pit was packing it up.
After they left I picked up all of the spent shotgun hulls about half a gallon of them and a little bit of brass. Two pieces of 223 and about twenty pieces of 9mm.

That no shooting spot right below the pit was being used. When they left I went down there and finished filling up the three gallon bucket with more spent shotgun hulls and I picked up some 9mm and 10mm brass.
We need 10mm brass so that was good.
I did test out five rounds of 380 that I loaded up for Mason's Ruger LCP to make sure they will cycle before I loaded all 500 pieces.
My goal is to have 1,000 rounds for every caliber Mason shoots then another 300 to 500 rounds to shoot up.
I have been buying bullets in the 500 packs from Everglades Ammo. They do have decent prices.

Mon May 08, 2023 5:32 am

That's where I've been getting most of my bullets too.

Mon May 08, 2023 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally. Good to hear that you had some success. Most of what I’m finding is 9 & 223, you never know what you’ll find on any given day.

I got back from my Alaska trip around 6:30, unpacked and went to my pit around 8:30 with lights and it was loaded, lots of 9mm and 223/556 and some fresh .308.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Mon May 08, 2023 10:43 pm

Dontcha just love that?!

When my friends and I did our LCR last month, I was the first one to arrive, and there was already a ton of 9mm and .223 on the ground.

Went to town filling my dump pouch, what a joyous occasion! When folks started showing up I said "there's gold in them thar hills!".

Tue May 09, 2023 5:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
Dontcha just love that?!

When my friends and I did our LCR last month, I was the first one to arrive, and there was already a ton of 9mm and .223 on the ground.

Went to town filling my dump pouch, what a joyous occasion! When folks started showing up I said "there's gold in them thar hills!".

I know right!!! Sad thing right now is that nothing is selling consistently. I’ve got 9mm coming out my butt (figure of speech) and no one is buying due to cheaper 9mm Ammo.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Tue May 09, 2023 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took my grandson and one of his friends up to the 435th Ave pit for a day of shooting. We left at 9.30am and got home at 7.30pm.
They had so much fun. And they did shoot a lot of ammunition up.
I love seeing their shooting skills improve.
We had the upper pit all to ourselves for the whole day. A couple of guys were set up down in the lower pit. When they packed up another guy set up down there for a while.
Both of these pits are still in great shape. We did a great clean up there last year and it is still in nice shape.
I picked up all of the spent shotgun hulls, there was only a gallon and a half of them.
We did pick up thirty pounds of brass. Mostly 9mm and 223.
Last weekend I took a ride up to the Suaittle River Road pits and they are a mess again.
I am organizing a pit clean up for these pit for Saturday July 15th.
I will be posting some brass in the classifieds to help cover some of the dump fees.
Please take a look and buy some if you would like to support the pit clean up.
If you want information or would like to help out on the clean up or would like any brass please send me a PM.

Wed May 31, 2023 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last Sunday afternoon I took Mason up to the 435th Ave shooting pit for a couple of hours.

He's got a shoot a Ruger LCP in 380, a Ruger Redhawk in 44mag and two 12 gauge shotguns.
We picked up ten pounds of brass 9mm and 223.
There is a lot of shotgun hulls on the ground there that needs to be picked up plus what's left of a couch in the lower pit.
Other then that the pits are not to bad of shape since the last clean up.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

10 lbs of brass! Pretty good haul. Glad you got out.

Thanks for the report, Pat.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next