Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Lower clear cut pit Green Water

Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:36 am

Still open or is there a gate they close this time of year???

Re: Lower clear cut pit Green Water

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:18 am

I would expect the gate to be closed before the actual big pit. I think your best bet is the clearcut below there.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 am

That's the only part I'll shoot at after the last incident up there at the main pit when a stray bullet struck an empty ammo box 10ft from me

Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:38 pm

cosme9242 wrote:That's the only part I'll shoot at after the last incident up there at the main pit when a stray bullet struck an empty ammo box 10ft from me

I don't shoot at the big pit anymore either. FYI....the stray bullets are coming from the little pit above the big pit.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:23 pm

We were just at the first pit (12-29-14) after the road "Y" to the right. There was 3 inches of snow on the ground but that didnt stop the 50 plus people from showing up all day. Dress warm.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:44 pm

jjgag60 wrote:We were just at the first pit (12-29-14) after the road "Y" to the right. There was 3 inches of snow on the ground but that didnt stop the 50 plus people from showing up all day. Dress warm.

So were you at the clearcut hillside where the road "y's", or the actual pit with the Concrete blocks at the front?

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:07 am

We were at the clear cut area just after the "Y".

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:08 am

Dam 50 people!!! The clear cut has always been one of the safest pits up that road. I wonder if the gate is locked to go up above?

Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:43 pm

usrifle wrote:
cosme9242 wrote:That's the only part I'll shoot at after the last incident up there at the main pit when a stray bullet struck an empty ammo box 10ft from me

I don't shoot at the big pit anymore either. FYI....the stray bullets are coming from the little pit above the big pit.

First time I was at green water we were at the upper pit shooting at the right side. A couple hours later the guy cleaning ammo let us know bullets were ricocheting down. I find it kind of odd the two pits are perpindicular. From then on we shot towards the left side.
Post a reply