Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Re: Greenwater gravel pit

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:15 pm

MADrtcw wrote:
SAM7R wrote:Went their today, a mile before the gravel pit they blocked access to it. Damn no place to shoot the 400 rounds I just bought.

It's block every year for snowmobiling i believe. Probably will reopen sometime late march. we have cleanups at that pit starting spring; come out and join us next time.

I will, gonna bring something cool. Won't spoil it. =D

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:53 pm

How far down that road is it? I went to check it out a couple weeks ago just to see. I gave up due to time constraints, I got to the national forest sign.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:04 pm

SAM7R wrote:Went their today, a mile before the gravel pit they blocked access to it. Damn no place to shoot the 400 rounds I just bought.

I assume you mean a mile before the "lower pit"?
https://goo.gl/maps/Egr9Howt8jP2

Is the "clearcut" open to shooting right now? Any problems accessing it?
https://goo.gl/maps/nd5wEDBmTQ52

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:49 pm

MadPick wrote:

I assume you mean a mile before the "lower pit"?
https://goo.gl/maps/Egr9Howt8jP2

Is the "clearcut" open to shooting right now? Any problems accessing it?
https://goo.gl/maps/nd5wEDBmTQ52

well....I didn't know about the clear cut....

I heard no gun shots tho while I was there nearby or in the distance.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:51 pm

hows the road to the cut? been warm the last couple of days or is it still awd/ 4x4 accessible only still?

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Went down there today. The road is open to 7013. Nice and quiet too. Was down there for a couple hours by myself.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Bolts wrote:Went down there today. The road is open to 7013. Nice and quiet too. Was down there for a couple hours by myself.
I haven't been there since we had the area altered. Was the place trashed at all ? We'll be doing a cleanup there in the future.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:04 pm

yeah it was. Lots of 12g shells and beer cans. Very muddy as well.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:09 pm

Bolts wrote:Lots of 12g shells and beer cans.

:facepalm2:

Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Bolts wrote:yeah it was. Lots of 12g shells and beer cans. Very muddy as well.

The forest service is long to address the mud issues last I heard. We'll take care of the trash as usual.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Bolts wrote:yeah it was. Lots of 12g shells and beer cans. Very muddy as well.

damn hillbillies

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:57 pm

they really fucked the clearcut up.

like a muddy swamp. Stupid forest service. idiots helping idiots

now if they fill in the swampy mess with parking might be ok. but lugging your shit to it is a joke.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Ops wrote:they really fucked the clearcut up.

like a muddy swamp. Stupid forest service. idiots helping idiots

now if they fill in the swampy mess with parking might be ok. but lugging your shit to it is a joke.

They were supposed to put in some ground cover or something to that effect. We'll make sure to talk about that with them next time we meet. Also remember it was this or they shutdown the whole area.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:49 pm

I'm not too surprised that it's muddy. They bulldozed it right before winter hit. I expect it'll take a little time to firm everything up.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Any current updates? Was thinkin heading up for some camping and do alittle shooting with my new HK40..

New to the forum looks pretty badazz...
Ty for add..
Post a reply