Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Waddell Creek - Olympia, WA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
nick.olson wrote:
I'll have to check into that. Never realized how cheap it was.

Also, people wearing WaGuns schwag have often gotten a discount.. :bigsmile:

Yeah, because they're a gruff, surly bunch of hooligans.

Like a biker gang with guns, sans bikes.

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"

"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:17 pm

thanks to volunteer efforts, the pit is still open for use and it's free....let's keep it clean and open for the future!

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TomC wrote:
thanks to volunteer efforts, the pit is still open for use and it's free....let's keep it clean and open for the future!

Not quite free, you gotta pay the B/S state pass

glad to hear it's still open and many thanks to frank

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:10 pm

New guy to the forum here and just moved to the Rochester area from Bonney Lk. My old shooting grounds are to far to go to any more (Evans Creek) and I was looking for something local to me. This spot is only a few miles from and I'll be checking it out tomorrow. Thanks for all the info here.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcomewgo

Turbone and awesome avatar

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Went out there weekend before last and the place was disgusting. There was trash all over the place, shells everywhere and zero respect from a group of guys who were shooting at other people's targets... (including the last 15 clays my buddy and I had set out) I give it until spring and DNR is going to probably shut that place down

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:06 pm

I may have missed this in a previous post, but has anyone been out to Waddell Creek recently that can speak to it being open and how busy a weekend this time of year would typically be. i'm looking to bring a few friends out who are new to shooting and would hate to end up in a super crowded area where they might be intimidated or have to deal with disrespectful/dangerous behavior.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:22 pm

It started getting crowded right around 11:00 when my buddy and I went a few weekends ago. If you guys don't mind the walk, maybe go check out the upper pit just passed the main area.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would stay the hell away from Waddell creek. I have been there once and it was just to check it out. It seems to be a place to practice drive by's. I actually saw a guy holding his Glock sideways, and I don't think he was joking. Head up to honey hole number one (map at top) or evergreen sportsmans club. Its worth ten bucks to not get shot or not have to deal with the brass Nazi.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:29 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Evergreen well worth the cash. If you shoot a lot, join and its only $5.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:56 pm
Profile WWW

I always leave my brass for Frank, volunteers his time and doesn't get paid to be there (he supplements his income by reloading and trading your small donations of spent brass) . He technically is a DNR employee and it is DNR land, so it's a good idea to stay on his good side. He has absolute authority to boot anyone there, all he has to do is call the park rangers...
If you ever need to call a cease fire or have problems with unsafe people, all you have to do is get Frank. thumbsup

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:19 pm

mcyclonegt wrote:
the brass Nazi.

He's not really a "Brass Nazi". If he comes up to you and says he would like your brass, all you have to do is tell him that you reload and I'm sure he'll respect that. Never had a bad encounter with the man.

However, there are a fair share of idiots who go out there and it's difficult calling a cease fire. But on the flip side I've also met some really cool people there who aren't jackasses. If you you want to shoot all by yourself (or with a couple friends) and that's it, capital forest is literally right up the road :bigsmile:

3. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was kind of joking about the brass nazi thing. I have hear more than one person say he gets a little irritated when he sees people picking up their brass and that he can get downright rude when you pick up others. I understand that is how he makes his extra cash and that he keeps the place real clean, but it sure can take a little fun out of shooting when you know a guy is watching your every move.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:05 am

mcyclonegt wrote:
it sure can take a little fun out of shooting when you know a guy is watching your every move.

I agree, that's pretty much the reason I would go shoot in the woods. I don't go there anymore anyway, last time a guy was slide-jacking his Sig Mosquito (clearing a jam) pointing it down the road leading in as I walked up.

Great pit, just not worth getting shot with a cr@p gun like a Sig Mosquito...

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:55 am

sreyemj wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
it sure can take a little fun out of shooting when you know a guy is watching your every move.

I agree, that's pretty much the reason I would go shoot in the woods. I don't go there anymore anyway, last time a guy was slide-jacking his Sig Mosquito (clearing a jam) pointing it down the road leading in as I walked up.

Great pit, just not worth getting shot with a cr@p gun like a Sig Mosquito...

Hey now! I've never had a problem with my girlfriend's Mosquito. In fact I really like them...

3. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next