Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Waddell Creek - Olympia, WA 

I've checked the interactive map out quite a few times, but most that are listed say they're closed. My buddy's and I have been going to upper pit lately, but sometimes my time schedule won't allow for the extra drive time getting there. lol!

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:30 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's hit or miss. DNR said early summer they should be done.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:31 am
Profile WWW

That's what I figured. My buddy's and I were talking about getting a clean up of upper pit going here pretty soon. Was up there on Wednesday and it was worse that the last time we went up. These shoot and scoot guys need to start showing a little more respect for the remaining pits we have around, man.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:36 am

nick.olson wrote:
That's what I figured. My buddy's and I were talking about getting a clean up of upper pit going here pretty soon. Was up there on Wednesday and it was worse that the last time we went up. These shoot and scoot guys need to start showing a little more respect for the remaining pits we have around, man.

Good luck with that, these are the same idiots that litter everywhere else they go.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:40 pm

sreyemj wrote:
nick.olson wrote:

Good luck with that, these are the same idiots that litter everywhere else they go.

Yeah.. pretty much

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trust me the guys at DNR, really appreciate the clean-ups.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:27 am

golddigger14s wrote:
Trust me the guys at DNR, really appreciate the clean-ups.

Any chance the guys here on WaGuns would be willing to get a clean up day going?

Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nick.olson wrote:
Any chance the guys here on WaGuns would be willing to get a clean up day going?

Absolutely. We just need to find a date that works for a good sized group. We did a nice clean and shoot last year, and coordinated with DNR. They supplied the trash bags and hauling. We closed the range, cleaned for half the day and fired all kinds of stuff the last half of the day. Dan has a contact at DNR. We should probably poll the locals. :thumbsup2:

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:Init:
cdoniguian wrote:
nick.olson wrote:

Absolutely. We just need to find a date that works for a good sized group. We did a nice clean and shoot last year, and coordinated with DNR. They supplied the trash bags and hauling. We closed the range, cleaned for half the day and fired all kinds of stuff the last half of the day. Dan has a contact at DNR. We should probably poll the locals.
:thumbsup2:

Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:54 am

Hey, ive heard someone talk about the DNR is considering gating the pits? Now sure how that would even work but I know trash is a issue up there anymore. Did you guys ever clean up I havent been up there in a while but the last couple times it was just nasty up there littered with shotgun shells everywhere.

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:46 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

We did a cleanup of the upper quarry 2 years ago, took out A LOT of crap. The lower quarry has been gated for a loooong time, but shooting is still allowed.

We love doing cleanup events and DNR loves us for loving cleanup events. We just need to get it scheduled and get manpower out there. Start looking towards spring.

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:50 am
Profile WWW

happy to find that its open.
not to my liking.
you have to park and carry your gear into the site and dodge other shooter's encampments.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

agli26 wrote:
happy to find that its open.
not to my liking.
you have to park and carry your gear into the site and dodge other shooter's encampments.

It's nicknamed the suicide pit for a reason!

The upper quarry is a drive-in pit, but this time of year may be a little more difficult to get to. I just go to Evergreen Sportsmen's now.. Much less hassle, all the fun.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:04 am
Profile WWW

Ive never had a problem getting to the upper pits in my Town Car, and I live the looks of the guys with there lifted trucks and 4x4s when I show up in a white town car. BUt yeah I would love to help clean up and IM sure I can get a few friends to help out if we arrange something for spring.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8