Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Knodel Nov. Tacoma DomeShow? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beer Hounds wrote:
So would not going imply we oppose gun shows?

Since the internet and online gun forums, gun shows are no longer the bastion of rarities and good deals that they used to be. I enjoy going from time to time, but I'm not going to miss them.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

General Nonsense wrote:
Boycott the Tacoma dome shows.

Nope.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

General Nonsense wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
What about people going to shows to buy things other than firearms?

Here is the skinny... Wes was forced to provide UBC's at his show as a condition of lease. Now, there is NO WAY that Wes can police all of the transactions that happen at the show. UBC non-compliance isn't illegal there.

I think the gun show organizer put profits ahead of principle.

If Tacoma doesn't want the business as it came, then the business should leave and go elsewhere.

Find a venue the same size willing to do a gun show with insurance coverage and security equidistant from Seattle and Olympia to ensure enough tables sell to cover the expense of the venue.

Impossible task. Wes has been looking for such a site for 3-4 years.

Tacoma is it. The site even draws folks from the peninsula, and that is tough to do for any other location.

Wes didn't get the Mayor and city council of Tacoma to go off on the use of the Tacoma Dome with their B.S. last minute dictatorship lawmaking.

He just has to work around it. A preemptive approach, agreeing to do background checks for free, no membership, is a far better set up than the alternative, the WAC shows.

And, I don't hear you boycotting the WAC shows for making membership fees and background checks mandatory in order to buy anything at their shows.

God knows how long that deal has been going on, but it is at least 10 years or more.

Tacoma had 's first gun show in over 20 years thanks to Wes, and he deserves credit for doing so.

800 tables of see, touch, and feel what you are buying still trumps the internet and FFL's for a lot of people.

No shipping, no haz mat fees, and you know exactly what yu are laying out cash for up front, so no buyers remorse, either.

The gun shows still offer a lot to a lot of people.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
General Nonsense wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
What about people going to shows to buy things other than firearms?

Here is the skinny... Wes was forced to provide UBC's at his show as a condition of lease. Now, there is NO WAY that Wes can police all of the transactions that happen at the show. UBC non-compliance isn't illegal there.

I think the gun show organizer put profits ahead of principle.

If Tacoma doesn't want the business as it came, then the business should leave and go elsewhere.

Find a venue the same size willing to do a gun show with insurance coverage and security equidistant from Seattle and Olympia to ensure enough tables sell to cover the expense of the venue.

Impossible task. Wes has been looking for such a site for 3-4 years.

Tacoma is it. The site even draws folks from the peninsula, and that is tough to do for any other location.

Wes didn't get the Mayor and city council of Tacoma to go off on the use of the Tacoma Dome with their B.S. last minute dictatorship lawmaking.

He just has to work around it. A preemptive approach, agreeing to do background checks for free, no membership, is a far better set up than the alternative, the WAC shows.

And, I don't hear you boycotting the WAC shows for making membership fees and background checks mandatory in order to buy anything at their shows.

God knows how long that deal has been going on, but it is at least 10 years or more.

Tacoma had 's first gun show in over 20 years thanks to Wes, and he deserves credit for doing so.

800 tables of see, touch, and feel what you are buying still trumps the internet and FFL's for a lot of people.

No shipping, no haz mat fees, and you know exactly what yu are laying out cash for up front, so no buyers remorse, either.

This. I`m on the Peninsula and it brought me out last time, bottom line is that we have to compromise if we want to keep having these shows in Tacoma.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got several tables booked.... I will be there selling my stuff and things.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll still be going.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in row C, section 4, which is located near the SW corner of the building.

A vendor has already "made some noise" in the building about 5 minutes ago. The "noise" was an ND.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, shit. That's not good.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now that is my kind of party!

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:31 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

DeltaBravo wrote:
A vendor has already "made some noise" in the building about 5 minutes ago. The "noise" was an ND.

:frust:

Was anyone hurt? Do you have any more details?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wth, really? a ND? smh. they better not close the show tomorrow, i need to sell this barrel lol
yeah, was anyone hurt?

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ND?...... no way. There needs to start being some type of sanctions or fines as a reminder of the basic safety rules for guns

No excuses for pulling an FZ especially where other people may be involved

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Was anyone hurt? Do you have any more details?

Wes made an announcement about 5 minutes after it happened - no one was hurt. He didn't give any details about the nature of it, such as if it was a display gun or someone trying to clear their personal carry gun.

It sounded to me like more than one round, but it could have been the echo in the building making it sound like more than one round. Any loud noise in the Dome echos in a major way.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
...Tacoma had 's first gun show in over 20 years thanks to Wes, and he deserves credit for doing so.

The cool thing about the Tacoma Dome show is there's a number of vendors here that don't do other shows I've attended in the region.

Rainier Arms is one example, they are near NE exit. At least I think it's them - there's a 10x10 Ez-UP canopy with their logo on it, which would make one conclude it's actually Rainier Arms.

Last edited by DeltaBravo on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rainier Arms was there in the April show. they didn't have too much with them, though, the stuff they did have was pretty nice haha

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next