Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 ND at Centralia 3/8/14 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No one got hurt.

Vendor got tossed out of the show.

There was a mandatory vendor meeting Saturday night.

Security will be more diligent than ever before.

Vendors will have to have any and all guns being brought in after a show starts cleared, checked, and tied, no exceptions.

Wes and his staff have always been good at cruising tables to check on safety compliance, and will continue to do so.

Vendors are also responsible to ensure their own guns are safe, and that they report any oversights another vendor may have committed.

It could have happened to anyone. The " last man standing " vendor who bought the rifle from another vendor who bought it from an individual of questionable gun safety standards.

The "last man standing " vendor is a good guy, with decades of safe gun handling under his belt. He is heartsick over having this sort of thing happen to him of all people.

Just remember - it could have happened to you.

A 308 discharging in a crowded building is one hell of a wake up call.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Last edited by RENCORP on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:21 am

I wasn't there when it happened, but as I was walking around the show everyone was talking about it, and I overheard one of the stupidest comments ever. One man said, "Well, when you have this many guns in one place, things like this are bound to happen." WHAT??? Sir, it's not the quantity of guns, it's the quantity of stupid. That rifle's chamber should've been checked before it was transported to the show, before it was put on display, and before it was handed to the customer by the vender, and it should've been checked AGAIN by the customer before he put his finger on the trigger.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:41 am

Just to clarify this....the rifle was carried into the show with a paying customer and sold to a vendor, this was not a vendor display piece. It came into the show with the first customer that came thru the door at 9am and was carried and offered to all and ended up being sold to a vendor. Period, all this 2nd hand "rumor" crap is enough, I was 3 ft. From the discharge, I know the vendor that it happened to and the frickin customer that brought the rifle in ... The good, the bad = ugly Don't bring loaded firearms to a show and don't assume a zip tied firearm is unloaded & safe

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How does that happen though? How is it that someone brings a loaded firearm into a show in the first place? Then how does it get checked and zip tied? Not to mention, not checking the chamber, and pulling the trigger! WTF, Really!

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i think there is enough blame to pass around here.

the guy at the door SHOULD HAVE GAUGHT THIS!!! unless he does not know what a bullet looks like or where they are stored or where they load into. yes i am sure he feels bad.

the guys that pulled the trigger, if it was zip tied it is normal safe to assume that it has been cleard. you would have a hard time asking to break the tie and then having to re do it every time(that is why i dont buy guns at shows) i am sure he was just trying to test out the trigger (how buys a gun with out checking the trigger)

just my $.02 on it i was not at the show

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Urban X wrote:
How does that happen though? How is it that someone brings a loaded firearm into a show in the first place? Then how does it get checked and zip tied? Not to mention, not checking the chamber, and pulling the trigger! WTF, Really!

Second answer, the wog who brought a loaded rifle in the door needs a serious ass beating and life-long ban from gun shows. Third answer, you'd have to ask the security guy at the door, who cleared it for entry to the show. Fourth answer, said vendor was going to check the bore, so he cut the zip-tie, which is when the rifle discharged. I spoke to a very experianced Savage collector, whom I've known for many years and gleaned much from his experiance with Savage and Remington rifles. He stated that the early sixties was when Savage introduced the tang safety in the 1,000,000 serial range, and had to recall them for this very reason. The bloody things will discharge when the safety is moved. He told me his son had one and the same thing happened to him while they were on a hunt. That's why he ONLY collects lever safety Savages.
I was on the other side of the vendor when it went off. While I can not say that he didn't pull the trigger, in the short time I've known him I've NEVER seen him lay a finger on the trigger while any weapon was in his hands. That said, I'd like to think this board would read this whole bloody thread before sating "WTF! Why did he pull the trigger?"
If I could get my hands on the same rifle, I'd perform my own analysis, to see if it would, indeed, discharge the way I believe it did. Urban knows him better than I do, but the time I've gotten to speak to him I've found him to be fairly honest and forthright. I can NOT say that about most others I've met at that show.
ABE.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad no one was injured. I was standing 8' to his right when it discharged. I can tell you that I was hyper aware of any muzzle pointing at me during the rest of the show.......

Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joelbbrown wrote:
...That rifle's chamber should've been checked before it was transported to the show, before it was put on display, and before it was handed to the customer by the vender, and it should've been checked AGAIN by the customer before he put his finger on the trigger.

Even though it's been 25+ years since I attended a gun safety course (Hunter's Safety, when I was about 17 I think) at Tacoma Sportsman's Club, I still remember all the times they drilled it in to our head that "every gun should be treated as if it were loaded."

If someone hands me a gun that they just cleared (or verified it was clear), I check it again!

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

urbanminer wrote:
....but what do I know, I was only 3 feet away from the muzzle blast . I'm out , gotta go shopping for some new drawers tomorrow...

:timeout: This statement concerns me.... :timeout:

How does a guy shit his pants on saturday, tell the forum of that shitting on sunday and wait until monday to replace shitty draws.

I suppose things dry but they don't stop smelling.

I was at the Monroe show a few months ago when an old timer fired his 45..A buddy of mine that went with me was up all night the night before playing videogames with his friends drinking Brokers. He wasn't feeling so swell that am. After the shot he said "hey I think I shit my shorts". That was really funny after such a serious incident. Hard not to laugh out loud in such a quiet room.

Oh...... I thought he was kidding until he made me swing by Fred Meyer in Monroe.....

BTW I'm glad I left that Centrailia show at 10.....

It was real crowded then. How nobody got clipped is a miracle.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6