Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 HELP SAVE THE FUTURE OF TACOMA GUN SHOW-CONTACT CITY HALL !! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SIG556 wrote:
Hey Ren, why don't ya just ply the old gal with a little old fashioned romancin'? Get the broad in the sack, bing bong bang, Fred's your uncle and *poof*: she's approving all future shows.

How about it? Take one for the team?

The wife would not approve of me eating another beaver.

And, Bob's yer uncle.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
SIG556 wrote:
Hey Ren, why don't ya just ply the old gal with a little old fashioned romancin'? Get the broad in the sack, bing bong bang, Fred's your uncle and *poof*: she's approving all future shows.

How about it? Take one for the team?

The wife would not approve of me eating another beaver.

And, Bob's yer uncle.

We don't talk about Uncle Bob in my family anymore. Things got......'complicated' after the molestation convictions.

We say "Fred" because he's never been found guilty yet.

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"

"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Back on topic - please do your part to let the Mayor's office know that the Tacoma gun show is an asset to the community, not a liability.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Last edited by PMB on Thu May 29, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 am
Founding Father
Founding Father

Meh. It wasn't anything special enough to make me feel like taking any action. Much like the WAC shows, if I want to pay retail or buy from a dealer I will just call one of the many I know. Until gun shows get back to the way they used to be, I really don't care if they stay or go.

Especially when guys that work at Cy's table are trying to tell me that $500 for a beat up FAL kit is a good deal. Then when I broke down the cost and explained I could just buy a complete rifle for near the same cost he tried telling me that he "hasn't seen any of those rifles being sold anywhere." To which I replied "There was one over there, another over there and at least one more."

These guys seem to think everyone is an idiot and has no clue what they are talking about.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in. Soon as I get home, I'm writing a letter. I'm already outlining it. While we're at it, why not have T use his expert seduction skills? Seems to me he'd be better fir the job.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalAssault wrote:
Meh. It wasn't anything special enough to make me feel like taking any action. Much like the WAC shows, if I want to pay retail or buy from a dealer I will just call one of the many I know. Until gun shows get back to the way they used to be, I really don't care if they stay or go.

Especially when guys that work at Cy's table are trying to tell me that $500 for a beat up FAL kit is a good deal. Then when I broke down the cost and explained I could just buy a complete rifle for near the same cost he tried telling me that he "hasn't seen any of those rifles being sold anywhere." To which I replied "There was one over there, another over there and at least one more."

These guys seem to think everyone is an idiot and has no clue what they are talking about.

There are ass hats at gun shows, just like there are ass hats in real life - everywhere.

Look at it this way - more gun shows, more public exposure, more normalcy bias towards guns, more gun purchases, more Wa Guns exposure, more members, more customers for Tactical Assault gunsmithing, more money in the Replace the Tactical Assault minivan fund.

Big circle, but it always comes around.

Quite frankly, there are aspects of our gun hobby I just plain don't understand, or participate in, or both, but i will defend to the death a gun owners right to pursue that aspect of our hobby anyway.

Public perception will either get crafted by us in defense of our hobby in it's many forms, or by the shrill Stumbos and Giffords of the world.

Please speak up for your hobby, even if the venue is not your cup of tea.

BE ON NOTICE:

Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:11 am
Founding Father
Founding Father

RENCORP wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:

There are ass hats at gun shows, just like there are ass hats in real life - everywhere.

Look at it this way - more gun shows, more public exposure, more normalcy bias towards guns, more gun purchases, more Wa Guns exposure, more members, more customers for Tactical Assault gunsmithing, more money in the Replace the Tactical Assault minivan fund.

Big circle, but it always comes around.

Quite frankly, there are aspects of our gun hobby I just plain don't understand, or participate in, or both, but i will defend to the death a gun owners right to pursue that aspect of our hobby anyway.

Public perception will either get crafted by us in defense of our hobby in it's many forms, or by the shrill Stumbos and Giffords of the world.

Please speak up for your hobby, even if the venue is not your cup of tea.

Speaking up for the hobby and supporting venues are not one in the same. Just because I choose to support or not support WAC and WK gun shows does not mean I do not support the hobby or do my part when I feel it's important. That would be like saying if you chose not to support Surplus Ammo after the gouging that you don't support the hobby or if you chose not to use Wade's gun range because of the shootings and lead poisoning debacle that you're not supporting the hobby.

I support the hobby without question. I do not however necessarily support every aspect of it. Gun shows being the main aspect. I pay money to attend and more often then not, get nothing in return. How long should someone keep getting zero return on their investment? I'm no CPO or anything but even I know that getting a zero return on your investment is a bad investment.

I'm not saying people shouldn't support the shows, write letters, send emails, make phone calls, etc. I'm just saying that in this particular situation I won't be. :wink05:

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalAssault wrote:
Speaking up for the hobby and supporting venues are not one in the same. Just because I choose to support or not support WAC and WK gun shows does not mean I do not support the hobby or do my part when I feel it's important. That would be like saying if you chose not to support Surplus Ammo after the gouging that you don't support the hobby or if you chose not to use Wade's gun range because of the shootings and lead poisoning debacle that you're not supporting the hobby.

I support the hobby without question. I do not however necessarily support every aspect of it. Gun shows being the main aspect. I pay money to attend and more often then not, get nothing in return. How long should someone keep getting zero return on their investment? I'm no CPO or anything but even I know that getting a zero return on your investment is a bad investment.

I'm not saying people shouldn't support the shows, write letters, send emails, make phone calls, etc. I'm just saying that in this particular situation I won't be. :wink05:

This isn't just about this gun show. If Tacoma says no to it without issue, you can bet they won't start letting other shows in. No one is asking you to pay the ten bucks to go in. Hell, if the government tried to shut down Surplus for price gouging, I'd fight that precedent while also not giving them a dime.
The show may not be your favorite, but a precedent against a show filled with dealers means a show with more private sales would be a no-go in Tacoma. Whether I ever go back, I'm letting the mayor know that gun shows are a positive thing.

Thu May 01, 2014 10:05 am
Founding Father
Founding Father

drewesque wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:

This isn't just about this gun show. If Tacoma says no to it without issue, you can bet they won't start letting other shows in. No one is asking you to pay the ten bucks to go in. Hell, if the government tried to shut down Surplus for price gouging, I'd fight that precedent while also not giving them a dime.
The show may not be your favorite, but a precedent against a show filled with dealers means a show with more private sales would be a no-go in Tacoma. Whether I ever go back, I'm letting the mayor know that gun shows are a positive thing.

That's fine. However I think that someone should get in contact with WK and ask him to send in the REAL numbers to the mayor of Tacoma. Show him that out of all the vendors there that only 12 were private sellers and the other 600 or so were dealers that require federal background checks. WK should also send in the numbers for the revenue the city took in from the event at the dome that they otherwise wouldn't have. Writing letters and all that is awesome but hard facts and numbers speak louder. If the dome sits empty it doesn't bring the city any money. If four times a year the city allows gun shows there, that's 400% more revenue that the city doesn't get and not to mention the taxes collected from the dealers and from the concessions that goes to the state.

Thu May 01, 2014 11:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

City council meeting tonight @ 5:00
We need representatives there that live in Tacoma!
No hillbilly style cowboy style gun slingers! We already have 8 council people leaning our way but the motor still things its a slam dunk!

SHOT SHOW '16 Booth 144 EagleTac Performance Lighting / Pacific Tactical Solutions

Tue May 06, 2014 9:15 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

darn

Last edited by PMB on Thu May 29, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 06, 2014 12:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalAssault wrote:
drewesque wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:

That's fine. However I think that someone should get in contact with WK and ask him to send in the REAL numbers to the mayor of Tacoma. Show him that out of all the vendors there that only 12 were private sellers and the other 600 or so were dealers that require federal background checks. WK should also send in the numbers for the revenue the city took in from the event at the dome that they otherwise wouldn't have. Writing letters and all that is awesome but hard facts and numbers speak louder. If the dome sits empty it doesn't bring the city any money. If four times a year the city allows gun shows there, that's 400% more revenue that the city doesn't get and not to mention the taxes collected from the dealers and from the concessions that goes to the state.

That sounds like a great idea and opportunity for an admin/part owner of a popular WA state-based pro gun website to use their voice to help promote safe and responsible aspects of the hobby, for the overall betterment of said hobby.

Tue May 06, 2014 12:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Info and downloads lifted from the thread headlining the town council meeting tonight at 6 pm to discuss this issue.

The show had over 6200 in attendance for the two day show. Police officers posted on site for the
duration reported no incidents. Net revenue from the show to the Tacoma Dome was $45,000 which
included a discounted inaugural rent. Economic impact of the show to the City was $1.1 million, as
detennined by the Tacoma Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau. The show promoter has asked to
book shows in November 2014 and February, April, September and December of 2015, for which
anticipated net proceeds to the Tacoma Dome would be $55,000 per show (incorporating an increased
rent) for a total of $275,000.

http://cityoftacoma.legistar.com/gatewa ... 3db37f.pdf

http://cityoftacoma.legistar.com/gatewa ... 3db37f.pdf

BE ON NOTICE:

Tue May 06, 2014 1:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wes has lawyer. They know what they're doing. Everyone stay calm.

Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next