WAC 1-9/10-16 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
zombie66 wrote:
Rix86 wrote:
Lol.
I'll keep going and snagging the deals that "aren't there"

Ditto, nothing to see here folks...............

Yup, I also thought the shows sucked until I started paying attention and not just looking at the big ticket items. Rix86 aka the dude with an overflowing gun room knows how to find deals.

Given enough time, sure statistically you are bound to find deals. Not everyone cares to make a regular trek to wade through what all is there looking for gems, and what one person considers a gem another person does not.

Last show I went to, I walked out with a WWII Nazi hat pin, and two glass insulators. My buddy came out with a sling and a couple fiddly bits of parts.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can't judge all shows from one. Been to a few stinkers but also been to a few gems.

But we get it. You don't like shows. Let the people who do, enjoy their thread.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

kf7mjf wrote:
zombie66 wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:
Why? He basically did absolutely nothing and it's not like there is anything good there anyway, except heavily marked up ammo, beef jerky, guys with crusty old hunting rifles, overpriced bubba SKS', and overpriced AR's.

Don't forget the Knockoff Chinese AR parts that litter the Gun Shows as well.

I get it. You are aware of one of my jobs. Congratulations. Do you have something productive to say about it, or do you just exist in a constantly amused state about it, while other members here have dealt with it, sometimes even benefited from it, and in the case of our resident airplane toilet engineer contributed feedback and ideas that actually brought or is bringing new products to market?

Feeling hostile today pumpkin?

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:
zombie66 wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:
Why? He basically did absolutely nothing and it's not like there is anything good there anyway, except heavily marked up ammo, beef jerky, guys with crusty old hunting rifles, overpriced bubba SKS', and overpriced AR's.

I get it. You are aware of one of my jobs. Congratulations. Do you have something productive to say about it, or do you just exist in a constantly amused state about it, while other members here have dealt with it, sometimes even benefited from it, and in the case of our resident airplane toilet engineer contributed feedback and ideas that actually brought or is bringing new products to market?

Irritated.
On the other hand I get a couple free rifles now too.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:55 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Then you should be happy. And see? You found some insulators cuz that's something that would catch your eye. Last WAC I traded off 2 guns, bought a cc pistol and almost bought an 8 shot 17hmr snub nose revolver because why not? 594 has made them less fun but if you like to trade guns it's a great place to walk through.

Also if you shoot regularly stopping to see Bill at the wrcc table is mandatory.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look - another WAC show bitch thread.

Either you can bitch and not go.

Or actually get involved.

Next up: Kavitching about WAC.

The Monroe show is close to where I live, it's tiny. But still it's a gun show. I'll remain a WAC member.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:
zombie66 wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

Irritated.
On the other hand I get a couple free rifles now too.

Put in another manpon and keep bitching about too much stuff that's not what YOU want at the biggest gunshow around.

Because, you know, it'd be better if there weren't any more, right?

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hit the Puyallup gun show when I need specific stuff that is expensive online. Like the Rem .280 mags for my 1979 Remington 7mm Express (*no, not a mag!) Online, when I found them,. $49 each. Gun show...$36 each. :)

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:53 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Boy, there sure has been a lot of belly aching about WAC over the years, eh? It must have influenced me some...

I haven't yet been to a WAC show, but my family sure enjoys all the other ones we go to. Centralia, Tacoma, Vancouver, Spokane, TriCities, Kalispell, Missoula... several more in smaller towns.

If there's a gun show in the town I am in I'll swing in... Sometimes I buy, sometimes I don't. Almost always see someone I know. I don't consider it wasted money for the drive and admission. Good times.

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2