Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Tactical/Home Defense Browning A5 build 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am also not set on green, I have even thought dark blue, maybe grey or silver. I just want something different, but not ugly as hell.

Matt

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Check out Cerakote color Battleship Grey

Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jpatm2 wrote:

or sniper grey or disruptive grey. or use all 3...

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jpatm2 wrote:

You sank my battleship!

sorry I had to.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am finally back on my A5 build. Last night I finally got to bead blast my receiver and a few parts to get started. Damn this thing has been apart for a while. I picked up a chopped up barrel in Texas for 100 bucks. It was hard to find someone that cut up a 3 inch magnum barrel. This was a vent rib that someone cut the rib off and mounted a Lyman adjustable choke. It is actually kinda cool. Here are a few pictures, The before picture is not that good but you can see the rust, it was not as deep as I thought, thank god. This thing is one solid chunk of steel.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Last edited by mcyclonegt on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri May 16, 2014 6:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And here is the furniture I got from Champion. It is actually pretty nice and solid, and will fit both light twelves and 3 inch magnums. The stock seems a bit short, but we will see how it turns out. I sure wish they had made it a little longer and let the end user cut it if needed. It sure is easier to cut off, but not so easy to add on.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by mcyclonegt on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 16, 2014 6:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It better be ready to shoot next time I come over... Lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Fri May 16, 2014 6:55 am

I'd love to see this when it's done!

Fri May 16, 2014 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking sharp!

Are there any older semiauto shotguns with tang safeties? Or reversible trigger guard safeties? I too would love a project gun, not interested in just going out and buying a Mossberg 930.

Fri May 16, 2014 12:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
Looking sharp!

Are there any older semiauto shotguns with tang safeties? Or reversible trigger guard safeties? I too would love a project gun, not interested in just going out and buying a Mossberg 930.

The early A5s had a safety that was in front of your trigger finger, I think they stopped that sometime in the 30s or 40s, then they went to a reversible safety. All you have to do is buy the left side one from brownells for 15 bucks. I see these often at cabelas for 400 or so. They had a ton today, most of them nice. A few Remington versions. This gun has been fun and is a little bit of a momento to my dad and grandpa.

Fri May 16, 2014 11:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks! The only semiauto shotgun I have was my dad's and I don't want to Bubba it into a HD gun.

Sat May 17, 2014 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hopefully this will be of better fit, finish, and quality than a Bubba could muster.

Sat May 17, 2014 7:29 pm

A word of caution of the mini HVLP gun that comes in those 6 color kits...they don't last long. I blew out the tips after 2&3 guns when I first got started.

Sun May 18, 2014 4:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like we talked about......I would dig it in an old beat AK kinda look. pitted metal and all.

Sun May 18, 2014 6:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy necrothread Batman. Wow. Life gets ahold of you and won’t let go. This damn thing has been in a box for 7 years, I can’t believe all the parts were there. When I found out a buddy was doing duracoat, I saw it as a sign to get this thing done. Here are a few pictures. It’s finally done and ready for some test fires.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next