Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Tactical/Home Defense Browning A5 build 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This project is in its beginning stages. Please dont chime in with "please don't do that". I have 4 of these and this one has some pretty deep pits. Also I will not do anything that can't be reversed down the road if I decide to put it back original.

So to start it is a 68 model Belgian Magnum 12 Gauge. I wanted something different and hate pump actions. I wanted semi auto and everyone know the A5 is one of the best ever made. I am actually looking for some opinions on color schemes but that is about it. I am having Tactical Assault Cerakote the receiver some tone of OD green, The furniture will be black and it will sprt about a 24 inch barrel with a mag extension that should hold 7+1 rounds. The cool thing about A5 is I can switch barrels easy and go shoot clays or do a slug barrel for killing milk jugs. Well here are some photos of some other guns I have found. It will not have a green barrel though. What do yall think?

Matt

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where did you find poly furniture for it?

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ram-Line used to sell a set under the part number 55551, but it has been discontinued, it is now sold under the champion part number 78111. I found most companies still list the ram-line number but they are all out of stock, most have not updated to the champion number. The only one I found in stock was at optics planet for 62 bucks free shipping. I just ordered it so I will see if it actually comes in.

Do you have an A5?

Matt

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, that looks awesome!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
Ram-Line used to sell a set under the part number 55551, but it has been discontinued, it is now sold under the champion part number 78111. I found most companies still list the ram-line number but they are all out of stock, most have not updated to the champion number. The only one I found in stock was at optics planet for 62 bucks free shipping. I just ordered it so I will see if it actually comes in.

Do you have an A5?

Matt

I have a model 11 that I cut down to 18.5 inches for HD. Great minds...

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:05 am

What do I think? Black looks classy, green looks like cr@p. Cool idea though! I have always wanted to cut a Mod 11 down and weld a Cutts comp for overall 18 inches. I saw one once and it was about the coolest thing ever!

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sreyemj wrote:
What do I think? Black looks classy, green looks like cr@p. Cool idea though! I have always wanted to cut a Mod 11 down and weld a Cutts comp for overall 18 inches. I saw one once and it was about the coolest thing ever!

Might want to throw an extra half inch on that idea....

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have an A5, but it was handed down to me from my grandfather, to my uncle, to me. I would never do that to my grandfather's gun, but it sure does look good! I for one, like the green. Good job!

Where did you find the mag extension?

www.BlackRingTactical.com
(360) 474-5650

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:32 am

Sissyboy wrote:
sreyemj wrote:

Might want to throw an extra half inch on that idea....

Anything for the ATF...

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup, like the one in black / black - nice. Anybody got a donor for me ? I am thinking stick with wood furniture, but refinish to satin finish oiled stock like new, and hot blue the steel all blue / black.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CledusVanDamme wrote:
I have an A5, but it was handed down to me from my grandfather, to my uncle, to me. I would never do that to my grandfather's gun, but it sure does look good! I for one, like the green. Good job!

Where did you find the mag extension?

Those are not my guns, just some pics of a few that I found that are kinda the direction I am going. I have 3 from my father and would never think of changing them in anyway. I am not keen on that exact shade of green or the green barrel. I just want something a little different. I picked this one up off here a few months back. It has mismatched stock and barrel and some rusting. The mag extensions are made by choate, nordic, and briley, but the threads on an 870are the same so one can be used if you trim about an 1/8 of an inch off the factory magazine tube. This trimming does not effect the gun in anyway and you have to do it if you ever remove the magazine follower.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Yup, like the one in black / black - nice. Anybody got a donor for me ? I am thinking stick with wood furniture, but refinish to satin finish oiled stock like new, and hot blue the steel all blue / black.

I see these at cabelas all the time for 300 bucks. These guns were popular when they were a tool used to feed a family, (first one produced in 1902, last one in 1998). not like today where lots of guns are spit shined every day. Not saying either way is right or wrong, it just led to a lot of A5's being in rough shape. While the Remington and Savages are close to the same not all parts will interchange. The Ram-Line stocks need some fitting to be put on anything but an Belgian A5. I would stick with a browning If I had a choice.

Matt

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Loving it!

Now I want an A5...

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if you're going to OD green it, get the furniture done OD as well.

semi autos ftw. have a rem 11-87 myself.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Talons wrote:
if you're going to OD green it, get the furniture done OD as well.

semi autos ftw. have a rem 11-87 myself.

I had thought of doing green furniture, but what kind of coating is durable for doing composite?

Matt

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next