Show off your arsenal. Got a great pic of your collection? A work in progress? Need to show off? You found the right place.
Post a reply

Re: Tactical/Home Defense Browning A5 build

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:16 pm

Oh, this is gonna be badass! Need lots of pics!

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:17 pm

In the early days of guns for me all the duracoat I saw was pretty thick. This duracoat is not, showing through is the rust pitting. I chose not to spend the money to do anything about the pits. Adds character. I am impressed with the finish done by my buddy Greg, a new member here. I’ll get a whole gun picture tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:30 pm

I love it, I honestly dont know jack shit about the A5 but this thread is peaking my interest in them

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:29 pm

I have a baikal mp153 I thought about doing this with.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:09 pm

After showing it to a few guys, I Now have orders for two. Anyone got any rough old A5s for sale?

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:06 am

I have two Auto 5's from 1966. I have been thinking about doing this to one of them for quite a while. Just curious.... what kind of pattern do you get when you cut the barrel and have no choke?

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:40 pm

wksimple wrote:I have two Auto 5's from 1966. I have been thinking about doing this to one of them for quite a while. Just curious.... what kind of pattern do you get when you cut the barrel and have no choke?

So the barrel I bought has a Lyman adjustable on it. I’m not a huge fan of the look, but have not fired this shotgun yet with that barrel. I am thinking about taking another 2 inches off and threading it for thread in chokes. I want this to be an all around gun. Hoping to get a rifled choke and see how slugs do. Will report back.

Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:59 am

Just an fyi: I read somewhere that auto 5 barrels may be too thin for screw- in chokes. Keep us posted.
Post a reply