Switch to full style
Show off your arsenal. Got a great pic of your collection? A work in progress? Need to show off? You found the right place.
Post a reply

Re: Beep Beep, Ima Jeep.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:46 am

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
sinus211 wrote:Needs more drop shackle. Get you 3" more lift and some tube fenders and you're wheeling with the best of them. What do you have for lockers? Remember open diff 4wd is really only 2wd.

Sinus.....these new jeeps don't have spring shackles...they are coil sprung at all 4 corners...

Hockey puck lifts!

Beep Beep, Ima Jeep.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:09 am

Be advised, that D44 you are shopping for still has those little D30 axle tubes and outers. With 33’s you may consider just sleeving your current axle. I think a selectable locker up front is smarter money spent.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 am

I ran this thread through Google Translate, and I still don't know what the hell you guys are talking about.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:17 am

czgunner wrote:Be advised, that D44 you are shopping for still has those little D30 axle tubes and outers. With 33’s you may consider just sleeving your current axle. I think a selectable locker up front is smarter money spent.

Sleeving is very much so in the running.

Or I go full tard and get D60s. Though, I plan on keeping it a daily driver so that is unlikely.

In the air right now is C Gusseting and sleeve reinforcement. Still thinking I want 4.10s, but really anything other than the 3.21 I have now. Front lockers will happen for sure.

MadPick wrote:I ran this thread through Google Translate, and I still don't know what the hell you guys are talking about.

Makey workey in mud/rocks/bad roads without spending all the dollery dos.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:47 pm

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:24 pm

root wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
sinus211 wrote:Needs more drop shackle. Get you 3" more lift and some tube fenders and you're wheeling with the best of them. What do you have for lockers? Remember open diff 4wd is really only 2wd.

Sinus.....these new jeeps don't have spring shackles...they are coil sprung at all 4 corners...

Hockey puck lifts!

Gotcha. I can never tell what year Wranglers are by looking at them. And good call of the ARB lockers. IIRC you can set up the ARB compressor with a fitting so you can air your tires back up when you come off the trail. Nice looking and awesomely capable little rigs with just a few parts added.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:29 pm

I did a thing a couple weekends ago that resulted in this. Bent housing, cracked axle, fucked shock, fucked rim.

Whups.

Time for a Dana 30 to Teraflex D44 (0.5" wall) 32 spline/4.88 conversion.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Ouch!

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:24 pm

usrifle wrote:Ouch!

In more ways than one, about 4 grand in damage with a bit more on top of that to do the upgrade rather than replace with like.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:40 pm

root wrote:Image

I did a thing a couple weekends ago that resulted in this. Bent housing, cracked axle, fucked shock, fucked rim.

Whups.

That's all fucked up. How did you do it? Is there video?

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:57 pm

sinus211 wrote:
root wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:

Hockey puck lifts!

Gotcha. I can never tell what year Wranglers are by looking at them. And good call of the ARB lockers. IIRC you can set up the ARB compressor with a fitting so you can air your tires back up when you come off the trail. Nice looking and awesomely capable little rigs with just a few parts added.

Look into the ARB Air Locker.........

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:00 pm

root wrote:Image

Whups.

That will buff out.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:05 pm

zombie66 wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
root wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:

Hockey puck lifts!

Look into the ARB Air Locker.........

Already going in.

Along with this: https://teraflex.com/shop_items/582b8c3 ... d4939ef3dc

The frame will break before this will.

Havent decided on what compressor to do yet.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:13 pm

*Crack* *Crunch!* That boulder ate you for lunch
Post a reply