Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Re: Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Information...

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:37 pm

It's a no-go, but only to students who have to follow the appropriate WAC and School policy. It is NOT illegal to conceal carry on campus though as a visitor etc.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:10 pm

That's a good point. I think I'll just carry my .380. With my hooded sweatshirt, the thing disappears into my clothing.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:03 pm

M1Gunr wrote:FYI for those in Kent... The office is now open 24 hrs a day......

Disregard - they changed their hours to 8am-6pm Mon-Fri.

Sat May 05, 2012 6:20 am

Applied March 14th at the Mill Creek Police department. got a denial letter March 31st.. Fixed the problem and reapplied April 19. Yes, I know I could have filed an appeal. The time it takes to get your appeal filed and then a response back would have been much longer than refiling. Got my CPL in the mail yesterday May 4th. :rockout:

Sat May 05, 2012 6:38 am

wolfsaber wrote:Applied March 14th at the Mill Creek Police department. got a denial letter March 31st.. Fixed the problem and reapplied April 19. Yes, I know I could have filed an appeal. The time it takes to get your appeal filed and then a response back would have been much longer than refiling. Got my CPL in the mail yesterday May 4th. :rockout:

Nice work. thumbsup

So are you walking around in your pajamas right now, packing heat? :bigsmile:

Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 am

Nice work!

In Chelan county, I got mine back within 5 days of signing. Though, the machine refused to read one of my pinkies.

Counties that say its the FBI they are waiting on, are full of BS. The NCIC check can be turned around same day. I think the best timeframe I have seen a CPL turned around here was under 2 days. Woo!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:33 am

BTT

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 am

oldkim wrote:BTT

Just for me right?

Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:42 pm

But of course! :thumbsup2:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Just a side note for Pierce County residents you HAVE to go to the L.E.S.A. Office down town Tacoma. Your local City police office no longer handles CPL's. I was vaugely aware of this but went to the local PD and got directed to down town. We arrrived at about 8:15 on Friday the 6th and we were out of there in less than 30 minutes.

The Mrs. and I applied the 6th and had ours in the mail the 21st. My father-in-law applied for his in Grant County on a Monday morning and recieved his Thursday of the same week, I am assuming becuse of the lower population or his unique name????

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Yeah be at Lesa before they open to get in and out fast. They open @ 8:30 I believe. Line usually starts 7:30ish from my experience..

When I applied in May they said they had seen a 30% increase in applications. I just heard that Since Friday Colorado has seen a 40% jump in applications..

Sounds like We the people are tired of getting trampled by thugs and crazy's.. :blackcloud1:

Carry always, carry hot and be safe! :patriot:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Yep, 8:30 is opening time, there were only four people ahead of us in line at 8:15 on a Friday morning. I think we were a bit lucky on that, the day before which we thought would be slow because of it being the day after the 4th (hang overs, sleeping in, etc.), it was a mad house by 9 am.

We were actually the first two in there for our permits. The three ahead of us were there for other business.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:28 pm

I believe the cost of the cpl has gone down. not that much but a few bucks I cannot remember exactly how much it was.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:56 am

$52.50 with out lamination, $55.50 with. For me it was worth the extra $3 but it's not wallet or Credit Card sized.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:36 am

MikeD wrote:$52.50 with out lamination, $55.50 with. For me it was worth the extra $3 but it's not wallet or Credit Card sized.

I didn't know there was an option for lami or not.

maybe just in Auburn it is not an option, but 52.50 sounds about right
Post a reply